Putting G9 Character Texture on G8

Hello there. If I missed a thread that already covers this, I apologize. I'm trying to use a Genesis 9 Male texture on a G8M. I don't see a utility for this. I have the utilities to use G8 on G0 but that's not helpful for what I'm trying to do.

Is there a product to allow this texture swap? If not, any tips and tricks available?

Thanks so much everyone for your patience with me.

Artsy

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,438
    edited June 28

Not that I am aware of.

While there is the G8F product Catherine3678ab has linked, the vendor has stated there is insufficient interest in a G8M equivalent to make it worth the effort to create.

And no, while people commonly suggest use of things like UV Swap in unison with the above product to resolve the issue, I can confidently state this will not work. While UV Swap adds G8F UVs to G8M, the G9 to G8F product does not provide G8F with the capacity to bake G9 textures to the G8F UVs (at least without extensive and technical modification), so there is no chain to transfer the textures.

This kind of thing has to be done by using an external application like Blender to bake across the texture maps. (For which I admit which the mentioned products are *potentially* an aid, but they certainly don't provide a solution through only DS itself).

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 538

Matt_Castle said:

Not that I am aware of.

While there is the G8F product Catherine3678ab has linked, the vendor has stated there is insufficient interest in a G8M equivalent to make it worth the effort to create.

And no, while people commonly suggest use of things like UV Swap in unison with the above product to resolve the issue, I can confidently state this will not work. While UV Swap adds G8F UVs to G8M, the G9 to G8F product does not provide G8F with the capacity to bake G9 textures to the G8F UVs (at least without extensive and technical modification), so there is no chain to transfer the textures.

This kind of thing has to be done by using an external application like Blender to bake across the texture maps. (For which I admit which the mentioned products are *potentially* an aid, but they certainly don't provide a solution through only DS itself).

Thank you for this bit of insight. I'm disappointed about no product for the G8M as I use male figures a lot more than female ones. 

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 538

Catherine3678ab said:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-uvs-for-genesis-8-and-81-female

Thank you for providing the link. I could have sworn there was one before I posted but I couldn't find it. Come to find out, the product name is different than what I was searching for. Come to find out, I already have it. YAY!