morphs on G8 clothing autofit to G9 [SOLVED, user error]

SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 746

I bought FG Mega Hoodie for G8F with the intent of putting it on my G9 gal. However, autofit removes all the morphs that were the reason I bought it (the ability to zip/unzip, raise/lower hood, shape hood, etc.)

I tried the RSSY clothing converter, but that just took away the morphs I wanted and put different morphs on it.

I tried loading it onto a G8F, making her the same size as my G9, and then re-parenting it, but it just made the hoodie the default size/shape positioning and raised it up (she's short). Although it was parented to her, it wouldn't move with her, and I couldn't get it shaped right anyway.

I tried loading it onto her straight then cancelling out of the autofit process - same result (although it kept the morphs, but they were kind of useless because I could get it to look right on her.)

Is there another way I can go about this that I'm missing, or am I just up a creek on this one? (I hope not. G9 doesn't have any zipper-front hoodies with the morphs I need.)

TIA for any advice.

Post edited by SilverGirl on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,554

Use scene identification first, then autofit won't remove the morphs and it doesn't deform anything.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    edited June 28

Autofit works in this case, as there's no custom bones on this hoodie and it won't remove any morph from it. But there're some issues when Open it, the zip will be off the hoodie, you have to fix it with Mesh Grabber or Blender.

Better also check other morphs to see if they can work well...

SNAG-2024-6-29-110.png
    2560 x 1392 - 475K
    SNAG-2024-6-29-111.png
    2560 x 1392 - 558K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 746
    edited June 28

Faeryl Womyn said:

Use scene identification first, then autofit won't remove the morphs and it doesn't deform anything.

Okay, wow, I didn't even know that was a thing, but I looked it up, so I learned something new today! Yay!

I think I'm still doing something wrong, though.

1. I load the hoodie and lower it on the Y-axis so it's roughly in line with my figure

2. I highlight the hoodie and go to Edit > Object > Scene Identification and change "preferred base" to G9/Base 

3. I autofit/parent it to my gal

4 ... It doesn't pop up the usual dialogue, and it preserves the morphs, but I get this, with the pockets all distorted (among other, more obvious, issues):

whoopsie what happened here.jpg
    867 x 816 - 92K
    Post edited by SilverGirl on
    edited June 29

Nope... you shouldn't have changed Preferred Base in Scene..ID, it's not the case like fitting G3 > G8 or G8 > 3 by using change SceneID + Transfer Rigging. The rigging of G8/G9 are different, you do need AutoFit based on Clone in your case.

Just directly load the hoodie to G9, Accept in AutoFit.

crosswind said:

Nope... you shouldn't have changed Preferred Base in Scene..ID, it's not the case like fitting G3 > G8 or G8 > 3 by using change SceneID + Transfer Rigging. The rigging of G8/G9 are different, you do need AutoFit based on Clone in your case.

When I do that it fits great, but I lose the functionality of the morphs that come with it... which is the problem.  

edited June 29

SilverGirl said:

crosswind said:

When I do that it fits great, but I lose the functionality of the morphs that come with it... which is the problem.  

You chose G8F clone in AutoFit dialogue box, right? Then all morphs will be there after autofitting and they mostly function well with no big issue, as far as I tested. Tiny issues happen when dialing multiple Open morphs... the zipper will be off the trim. You have to fix it.

SNAG-2024-6-29-110.png
    2560 x 1392 - 475K

crosswind said:

SilverGirl said:

crosswind said:

You chose G8F clone in AutoFit dialogue box, right? Then all morphs will be there after autofitting and they mostly function well with no big issue, as far as I tested. Tiny issues happen when dialing multiple Open morphs... the zipper will be off the trim. You have to fix it.

Ooooookay, here's me feeling like an idiot. I was looking in the shaping tab. I'd looked at parameters, but apparently I totally missed them amongst all the greyed-out stuff.

Many thanks!