Question on Custom Actions and Icons

I'm using DS 4.21 and created a custom action for 'Cheyenne 9' and added it to favorites. Under Window/Workspace/Customize I'll find it and can edit it.

Nevertheless I switched 'Show Text and Icon' off or unchecked 'Show With Icon' in 'Edit Custom Action' the icon is show in the 'Favorites Menu'.

So how can I achieve that the icon is not displayed?

Custom Action Icon.png
805 x 705 - 152K

Comments

• clear icon

• kabexefkabexef Posts: 64

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

clear icon

Sorry, I was imprecise. Is there a way to get rid of the icon without removing it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

kabexef said:

clear icon

Sorry, I was imprecise. Is there a way to get rid of the icon without removing it.

No, the options govern whether the text is shown when there is an icon, the icon itself (if present) is always used.

Richard Haseltine said:

kabexef said:

clear icon

No, the options govern whether the text is shown when there is an icon, the icon itself (if present) is always used.

Thanks for clarification.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited June 29

I used to have the same requirement... here's a workaround though it's not an SOP ~~

- Fully close DS. Go to %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4 in File Browser, there's a file customactions.dsx Open it with Notepad++
    - Locate the Action... you'll see the path of Icon image, add a unique string at the end of it, e.g. ".mybak". Save the file.
    - Launch DS, the Icon will be gone. If you need the icons back some day, open customactions.dsx, delete ".myback", or replace them with an empty string.

In this way, you don't have to add Icons back to Actions one by one if you need them again... But the cons is: you'll see no icon either in F3 - Action list...

SNAG-2024-6-29 005.png
    2559 x 762 - 391K
    Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

I used to have the same requirement... here's a workaround though it's not an SOP ~~

- Fully close DS. Go to %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4 in File Browser, there's a file customactions.dsx Open it with Notepad++
    - Locate the Action... you'll see the path of Icon image, add a unique string at the end of it, e.g. ".mybak". Save the file.
    - Launch DS, the Icon will be gone. If you need the icons back some day, open customactions.dsx, delete ".myback", or replace them with an empty string.

In this way, you don't have to add Icons back to Actions one by one if you need them again... But the cons is: you'll see no icon either in F3 - Action list...

Thanks for info ... nice workaround :-)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

kabexef said:

crosswind said:

Thanks for info ... nice workaround :-)

No problem ~ yes