Smart content should sort things by generation of figure

In the smart content panel under Figures the drop down gives us 4 sub categories, Animals, Creatures, Mechanical and People. Under people we have female and male and that's it. Why is there not a sub category for each generation of genesis? Same for clothing, why can we not sort clothing by the figure it was made for directly from the main content menu? This seems so basic and obvious to me. Is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Filter By Context should enable you to separate if you have a base figure loaded and selected.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

That will work if the metadata actually links to the Genesis # base. But I have found a number of figures that are not fully completed by DAZ, ie not linked to a base character and also clothing/accessories not linked to the supposed base character in metadata. For example, MSO Carrie for G9 released with no skin metadata, others don't have 'Figure/People/Female/Real World' or 'Actor/Character'. I have to check for these when I can't find a new character after I download it, or I use the Filter by Context and nothing shows up. I have tried reporting these to Customer Service but have given up. A recent issue was answered for the first time six months after I reported it. And that was for a thumbnail for a hair product assigned to Monk shoes. Both released around the same time. DAZ wanted to see what I did wrong by having me film my actions when I downloaded the product. The issue still remains.

A recent release had ships coded as Environments, not Transportation.