Viewport Lighting/Headlamp went haywire

As the title says, my viewport lighting (when using Texture Shaded mode) changed and I dont know how to fix it. Suddenly, it's darker and has an orange tinge, and the headlamp/preview light doesn't work.

link removed

Some background info:
1. It happened after I added and while I was using IBL Master (addon that allows lighting from HDRI in 3DL renders). I was fiddling with the addon and suddenly my viewport lighting changed and headlamp stopped working and I can't change it back, even after Ive already deleted the addon.
2. Using DAZ 4.21. 
3. The headlamp/preview light doesn't work. Both Ctrl+L, and toggling it through the viewport menu has absolutely no effect.
4. Changing any of the headlamp parameters in the Render Settings and camera parameters also have no effect, with or without camera in scene.

Things I've tried:
1. Restarted DAZ
2. Restarted my PC
3. Reset my Workspace to default
4. Tried playing around with the Tonemapper Options, Environment Options, Camera parameters, removing cameras, adding cameras.
5. Tried tweaking things in the Draw Settings for Texture Shaded. Additionally, there is nothing in the Advanced Tab for it.
6. Tweaked all the headlamp settings in each of the Render Engine. I set it to all of the options and nothing works even when there is no camera in the scene.

There is something that "sort of" works:

Let's call the project in which it started happening "ProjX". Unfortunately, Ive saved it after the change and now reopening the project retains the problem. If I close ProjX and open an new project, the problem persists. If I open an older project, it goes back to the correct viewport visuals. If I then open a new project after that, it retains the correct viewport visuals. 

So clearly I must be missing a settings panel somewhere for this that retains the settings of the previously opened project.

(Why this is important to me, you might ask? I'm using Daz to do quick pose references to give illustrators, animators for blocking, storyboarding etc. I usually just screenshot or do video capture direct from the viewport for speed. If I have to render each pose/scene, even with OpenGL its gonna increase my time spent by at least 2x because of the volume. I just want to get the old visuals of the viewport (1st image) back.)

Any help is deeply appreciated. Thank you!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Please crop the images or give the character some pants.

There isn't a "preview light" - the preview Lights toggle (cmd/ctrl L) tells DS to stop or start trying to preview the way the scene lights work. I am not at all sure what you mean by the headlamp not working - does the scene go black when there are no other lights? Turning preview off won't affect a scene that is lit only by the headlamp anyway.

Edit>Preferences>Interface (Daz Studio>Preferences>Interface for Mac) has a couple of options in the OpnGL section that may account for some of what you are seeing, though I didn't think the settings were saved with the scene so it is odd that you are getting different results there. Backface Lighting would be the most likely culprit, I would think.