Character presets aren't loading proper skin tone.

VidRyanVidRyan Posts: 0

I'm in the process of cleaning up my character designs, and started switching them over from Scene saves to Character and Wearable Presets, but as I am testing the presets now, I've noticed that characters who have had the Translucency Weight changed from the default values are loading with the default Translucency values. Is there a simple fix for this? I don't want to keep merging characters into the Scene from their character design Scene, but I also don't want to have to constantly remember that Character X has a Translucency Weight of 0.65 instead of 0.85.

I've also noticed that LIEs don't carry over into character presets, so tattoos, makeup, and scars don't seem to load either. Not entirely sure what preset those would be saved as. Would it at this point be more reasonable to save the character as a Scene Subset and just use presets for wearables? I've got a pretty good handle on the Daz reation tools, but my organization... well, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,072

If you want to save it as a character with all your changes, add them to the Postload Script. Otherwise, you will still get the settings from the original character. An easy way to circumvent the issue without touching the Postload Script, is to save your character as a scene subset instead. You can then have your character + LIE + wearables all saved up and ready to be used on a scene. It's a much faster way to do it (which I use all the time).

Here's a wonderful video that goes over the process if you are unfamiliar with it: