Can someone show an example of Toon Canvas?

I didn't even know this was a thing until now because I haven't seen any examples of it in use. Does anyone have any?

Also slightly unrelated, but I'd like to know this before I install a beta version - they haven't added any options to disable lights or shadows on invididual scene elements, have they? Blender can do that, and I really wish Studio could too. Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

You can disable shadows on individual scene items if you are rendering in 3Delight in Studio, you can also do it for selected lighs. I think this is not possible in Iray, either because of the way Iray does it's rendering or because NVidia hasn't implemented it.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560

Yeah it's probably an Iray thing because Blender's Cycles can do it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

SnowSultan said:

Yeah it's probably an Iray thing because Blender's Cycles can do it.

Most renderers can, like Arnold and Redshift. Some engines, though, prioritize physical reality above all else, and Iray seems to be one of them.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 585

I too am interested in seeing more of Toon Canvas. I tried setting up the Toon Canvas in the DS Beta on my old Mac laptop and after a few tries got discouraged with the results. I was hoping rbtwhiz would offer some samples and maybe a hot-to in order to get started. For inspiration purposes, mostly. I'm hoping that when the next version of DS get released, we get a product that helps set it up correctly.