how to sell on daz shop

antoineantoine Posts: 0
edited July 1 in Art Studio

Hello,
I created a haircut that I would like to sell on DazShop.

How should I go about it?
First of all, I would like to know how to export the model with the "textures", "data", "runtime", etc... package?

Then, what steps should I take to put it on the store?

THANKS

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,262
    edited July 1

You want to apply for a PA firstly in here ~ https://www.daz3d.com/pa/landing

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Moved to Art Studio as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406
    edited July 1

antoine said:

Hello,
    I created a haircut that I would like to sell on DazShop.

How should I go about it?
    First of all, I would like to know how to export the model with the "textures", "data", "runtime", etc... package?

Then, what steps should I take to put it on the store?

THANKS

This is a very brief overview of the process:

• Firstly, you should create a new Content Directory when you are making a new product (you can have as many Content Directories as you want).  Usually it's best to make a new Content Directory for each individual new product you are making. This makes it easier to collect all the /data and /Runtime folders etc.
    • Make a /Runtime folder in this Content Directory manually, and put your textures in the /Runtime folder (copying how the /Runtime subfolder structure is used for official Daz store products)
    • Because your texture location is now in a new folder, link up textures for your asset using the new /Runtime subfolder location.
    • Then save your product(s) as support asset(s).  Whenever you save an asset, you will have a popup, where you select Content Directory, Vendor Name, and Product Name. Always fill in these three fields correctly and consistently so that Daz saves out your asset data to the correct folder structure within your Content Directory.
    • After you save out support assets, you can make presets like Wearable, Material, Shape presets (again follow the convention of official Daz Store products to see how they save presets).  Presets should call any mesh and morph data from the /data folder and any textures from the /Runtime folder. Presets should not contain any new mesh data etc embedded in them.  If you embed mesh data in a preset, Daz will probably come back to you and say that you failed quality control.
    • After you finish setting up your Content Directory, Support Assets, and Presets, you can test to make sure everything works. Then you can easily .zip the Content Directory.

There are probably tutorials online. The process has not really changed for many years, so even videos on youtube from like 8 years ago should work fine.  

Post edited by lilweep on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749

After you have packaged up your product,  you want it tested on 2-3 other computers to make sure they work corrently and have all the necessary files.

You need to render great promos of the product too.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,215

Please note.. there is no guarantee after all that work that Daz will even like it to put on marketplace!