Tips with FenixPhoenix Bite Marks LIE

I'm trying to move the bite texture onto a non-preset part of my model, but can't get it close enough to the skin without clipping through, so it just hovers above quite noticebaly. I'm wondering if there is any way to get the texture to appear fitted as it does with the preset options. THank you.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

How are you applying it, and how are you trying to move it? What you're describing sounds like you're using a decal node.

• donnaldjammesdonnaldjammes Posts: 12

I apply it to a geoshell that came with the product. And both can be moved under the basic parameters translates

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

Moving the geoshell itself is a pretty brute force way to go about this. You might actually want to switch to an Iray decal node, or you could try using the layered image editor to move it where you want it.

i'm not sure how to with LIE or photoshop because the textures are divided into several files that include all available positions of the texture on the given body part. Example attached below

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

Please don't attach texture files to posts.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269
    edited July 3

Yes, in general, you want to modify 6 texture maps. Let's use the bite mark on Torso as an example:
    (1) BMG8M_Bite_DiffuseT.png
    (2) BMG8M_Bite_SpecT.png
    (3) BMG8M_Bite_TransT.png
    (4) BMG8M_Bite_HeightT.png
    (5) BMG8M_Bite_NormalT.png
    (6) BMG8M_BiteMask_ChestT.png

- I use Photoshop... but it's up to you to use any image editor software. Starting from (1), select a bite area on right chest and save Selection region. Paste the selected area to a new layer and move it to where you wanna place it.
    - Then (2). Load Selection region, copy / paste to a new layer, enter Transforms value of the top layer from (1) to the new layer in (2). Repeat this step to (3) ~ (5).
    - As for (6), flip the image horizontally, copy the mask in white to (1) as a new layer. Align it to the bite mark in the layer under it. Copy the top layer. Shift Ctrl + V to (6) as a new layer. Hide the top layer in (1).
    - Save all the above modified maps as new files with a suffix. (e.g. _Belly)
    - Assign them to each slot in Base Color, Translucency Color, Dual Lobe Specular Reflectivity, Base Bump, Normal Map, Top Coat Bump, Cutout Opacity (configure in LIE) and Displacement Strength. Done ~

If you proficient in Photoshop, this process may just take less than appr. 8 mins. And if you want to manipulate the bite mark on other surfaces, the steps are almost the same but just using the texture maps on other surfaces accordingly.

SNAG-2024-7-3-038.png
    2024 x 1306 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on

Thanks so much for the thorough response. I'm having an issue when applying, where there is a big red mark aroung the bite. Picture below. Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help.

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 9.56.38 PM.png
    1234 x 1546 - 1M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,269

Have you correctly modified and set the Mask map in Cutout Opacity slot ?

working now, thanks