#2 Oldie But Goodie

Today is my birthday, so I'm posting a new challenge for everyone.

This is different than Easy Peasy.  It will not be a random draw.  It will end on July 31st.  Three winners of $5 each.

You must follow the rules of the challenge or your image will not count.  All images must be NEW images.  Two images per participant.

I have a team of judges who will choose the winner following the guidelines of the rules. 

Here's the deal:  Use an old object from years ago in your scene in a new image. Does not have to be from Daz3D.  Example:  I have an outhouse, made 15 years ago. If you are new to Bryce, please use the oldest product that you have in your content.  Old item must be an object (not clothing, hair, character, animal, tree, nothing living, water, material.)  I want to see how you used the item in the scene.  Just rendering an old car with nice lighting will not pique our interest.  Have that car doing something.  Going down the road with people hanging out, racing against another car, up in a tree, on a cliff, etc. (you can still use a car even though I mentioned it here.)

IMPORTANT:  images will not be judged on quality of the render but on the use of the old item in the image. 

Anyone can win.  Please join me in this challenge in honor of my birthday :)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,533

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Thank you for the new challenge.

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 319
    Happy Birthday! I have that once a year too for god knows how many years :)
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870

Happy Birthday! And thanks for the new challenge.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,383

Happy Birthday, NGartplay, thanks for the new challenge, it will be a bit challenging to get some action into it. 

edited July 3

GO FOR GOLD

BRYCE Screenshot

OLD FILE

my second hobby on the PS5 - TT - Isle of Man (it's not scary, there are only bikers and dead bystanders)

bikeworld7.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    bikeworld7_bryce.PNG
    1920 x 1047 - 1M
    joyriders.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 351K
    Post edited by Fettbemme on

Wow awesome render Fettbemme, wonderful start to the challenge.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 3,080

That's fantastic fettbemme!  Exactly what I was looking for.

mermaid, it doesn't have to have action.  Not looking for images where an object is dropped into the blank scene and rendered in 2 minutes and done.  A house in a tree doesn't have any real action happening but it tells a story (as example.)

Tornado, close-up of a bug crawling on the side of a house (house is the object), a dripping water faucet.  It doesn't have to be complex.

• Past as FuturePast as Future Posts: 153
    edited July 3

NGartplay - Happy Birthday, and many thanks for interesting challenges!

Fettbemme - you caught that moment well!

Post edited by Past as Future on

Fettbemme - great start to the challenge.

NGartplay said:

That's fantastic fettbemme!  Exactly what I was looking for.

mermaid, it doesn't have to have action.  Not looking for images where an object is dropped into the blank scene and rendered in 2 minutes and done.  A house in a tree doesn't have any real action happening but it tells a story (as example.)

Tornado, close-up of a bug crawling on the side of a house (house is the object), a dripping water faucet.  It doesn't have to be complex.

smiley 

NGartplay
    Past as Future
    Horo
    mermaid010

,thanks smiley

Ps. don't try this at home

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

@Fettbemme -  LOL Very nice. That's great.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130
    edited July 3

pretty good  +  Fettbemme

Post edited by ed3D on

Fencepost52

ed3D

thanks smiley

edited July 5

I feel that I've made this challenge sound difficult.  I'll share some thoughts on it.

Das Boot, is just a water plane, hill in the background and the shoe house. Removing the woman, cat and trailing boat would still be an acceptable image.  The shoe house is the object and is adrift on the sea.

In the plane image, even without the mice, the plane would be acceptable because you have clouds and water and we can see that the plane is flying.

The house image is an example of what I'm not looking for.  An object just plopped onto the ground plane and rendered.  Put grass or water into the scene, then it would be acceptable.

I hope that this helps.

dasboot3.jpg
    810 x 607 - 190K
    micky.jpg
    992 x 676 - 206K
    nono.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 57K
    Post edited by NGartplay on
    edited July 5

Hi guys

I thoght if you feel a bit challenged maybe this will give you a starting point smiley

The Stargate is in fact the old OBJECT which you transform into a new setting/environment etc.

You put SG1 team in the gate as if they are walking in or out - or some fighter jet flying through

The File is WaveFront OBJ N-Gons and triangulated for Bryce, Hexagon, Carrara 8, Blender, Cinema 4D R19 with UV-Maps but no textures (the Stargate is old. They had no textures 50 Million years ago)

The famous memorable Stargate water-ripple screen as OBJ download

zip
    zip
    GATE32.zip
    3M
    GATE32.png
    1280 x 720 - 190K
    G32_bryce.PNG
    1920 x 1050 - 1M
    screen.png
    1280 x 720 - 3M
    sga001.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by Fettbemme on
    edited July 5

NGartplay - thank you for the suggestions and clarification examples. I had indeed difficulties to fully understand what it needs for an acceptable entry.

Fettbemme - nice stargate, thank you for it.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130

Horo said:

NGartplay - thank you for the suggestions and clarification examples. I had indeed difficulties to fully understand what it needs for an acceptable entry.

Fettbemme - nice stargate, thank you for it.

+ 1    heart 

fettbemme, awesome example.  Nice entry

NGartplay said:

fettbemme, awesome example.  Nice entry

it's not an entry, I already have one postet

it's for everyone with the empty screen blues

everyone is free to use and do whatever (even 3D print it)

have fun

smiley

NGartplay said:

I feel that I've made this challenge sound difficult.  I'll share some thoughts on it.

Das Boot, is just a water plane, hill in the background and the shoe house. Removing the woman, cat and trailing boat would still be an acceptable image.  The shoe house is the object and is adrift on the sea.

In the plane image, even without the mice, the plane would be acceptable because you have clouds and water and we can see that the plane is flying.

The house image is an example of what I'm not looking for.  An object just plopped onto the ground plane and rendered.  Put grass or water into the scene, then it would be acceptable.

I hope that this helps.

NGartplay-yes I was confused by your description initially, laugh . Your renders are so lovely why aren't you sharing more of your work with us in the "Show us Your Renders" thread.

Fettbemme - nice stargate render, thanks for sharing the file.

mermaid, I have pages and pages of images.  They just happen to be very old.  I don't have much in the way of 'new' works.  I like to bring products into Bryce for my images but I have so much trouble with materials and transparencies that I stopped.  Bryce 5.5 was my version of choice.  Version 7 seems harder to use with Daz3D products, imo.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509

I'm looking forward to this challenge; I've already got a few ideas.

NGartplay said:

mermaid, I have pages and pages of images.  They just happen to be very old.  I don't have much in the way of 'new' works.  I like to bring products into Bryce for my images but I have so much trouble with materials and transparencies that I stopped.  Bryce 5.5 was my version of choice.  Version 7 seems harder to use with Daz3D products, imo.

Version 7 seems harder to use with Daz3D products, imo

Do you mean the Daz Studio Bridge or in general say FBX import? I think what Bryce could do is support for Alembic.

Hope to see them fencepost!

Fettbemme, I had trouble with the bridge for awhile.  That's why I stopped working with Bryce.  I'm on a new computer and it seems to be working fine now.  I just need to stop playing games and make some images :)

NGartplay said:

Hope to see them fencepost!

Fettbemme, I had trouble with the bridge for awhile.  That's why I stopped working with Bryce.  I'm on a new computer and it seems to be working fine now.  I just need to stop playing games and make some images :)

basically, take the inspiration of the games and make that in 3D. Of course if you play word games it's a bit boring as a 3D subject matter. But nice text in 3d can do look good.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,388

NGartplay - Late Happy Birthday ! Now to get the thinking cap on ...
    Fettbemme - Nice start !!!

edited July 6

The habitat was made in Bryce with cylinders and cubes, the backdrop is a photograph from the Horace Head Nebula. This is my 66th render made with Bryce 5.01 in 2003.

Habitat Horace Head

HabitatHoraceHead.jpg
    800 x 600 - 103K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,388

Horo - Lovely render !