eyeball issues after converting G8 -> G9

I finally got MF's figure converter G8 -> G9, and it did a fantastic job.

However, when I dial in the converted morph, the eyeballs are too small. 

When the converter was recommended to me I was told this was normal and not to freak out; I just needed to adjust the eyeball rigging. However, for the life of me I can't find instructions on how to actually DO that.

I did run Shape Rigger Plus G9 Edition already. 

Help?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300

It's good to have Rigger Plus from Zev0 ~ but next time, always run it before saving Morph Assets. Let's start from very beginning just after you have G8 converted.

1. Select G9 converted figure in Parameters pane - Utilities - Developer Tools, click to open it. (ss1)
    2. Select Currently Used, turn on Edit Mode, select the converted Head Morph, click Adjust Eye Rigging in Dev Tool panel. It'll adjust rigging of Genesis 9 Eyes and Genesis 9 Mouth. Wait for a while with some patient... it may take appr. 3 mins (ss2)
    3. Now, the eyeballs can be freely scaled. Select Left Eye on Genesis 9 Eyes ( not Genesis 9 ). Tweak Scale value, as well as drag the gizmo to translate (do not rotate!) eyeball to a nice position. Observe the inner / outer corners of the eye to assure there's no too much space. (ss3)
    4. With Left Eye selected, Ctrl + C, select Right Eye, Ctrl + V. Then in X Translate property, multiply the value by -1. (ss4)
    5. Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, select Genesis 9 Eyes, set its Resolution Level to Base. Select Currently Use, click Gear icon on Converted Head property, copy its Name. Export Genesis 9 Eyes to OBJ file with the pasted Name.(ss5)
    6. Zero Figure Pose on Genesis 9 Eyes with "Restore Option". Open Morph Loader Pro, choose the exported OBJ, set Reverse Deformations to Yes, Overwrite Existing to Deltas Only (ss6)

Now, the job of fixing Eyeballs Only is done ~ You may go for running Rigger Plus.

Then... you still have to check Eye Blink, Eye Look Side-Side, Eye Look Up-Down, etc. so as to make fixing / corrective morphs. (there must be distortions with these expressions dialed)... And a sculpting software has to be needed (Blender at least). That'll still take some time.

SNAG-2024-7-3-039.png
    2560 x 1392 - 647K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-040.png
    2560 x 1392 - 692K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-045.png
    2560 x 1392 - 688K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-046.png
    2560 x 1392 - 695K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-047.png
    2560 x 1392 - 664K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-050.png
    2560 x 1392 - 606K
    SNAG-2024-7-3-054.png
    2560 x 1392 - 575K
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 757
    edited July 6

Wow, you are the monarch of awesome documentation, thank you.

The only snag I've hit is probably a very basic obvious one to everyone else, but -- what is "restore option"? I can't seem to find it....  (edit: NM, found it)

Post edited by SilverGirl on

Okay, so I:

1. ran all that

2. saved after Shape Rigger Plus did its thing (over the old file I had when I ran it the original time, don't know if that's relevant)

3. loaded a new G9 and diled in the head morph

...eyeballs still too small.

What did I miss?

edited July 6

So you did save the morph assets of the head morph on Genesis 9 figure as well as the AutoFollow head morph on Genesis 9 Eyes in the hidden properties after fixing / rigging, with your Vendor Name into data folder ?

Rigger Plus can only save morph on the figure... as the final step, you need to make sure that you've saved all the morphs that you fixed as morph assets (on both figure and the attachments...). Then after reloading the figure and dialing the morph(s), it should work with no problem.

Post edited by crosswind on

Okay, I think I boffed that final step. Youngest child wants a walk, and then I'll give it another try when I get back, thanks.

SilverGirl said:

Okay, I think I boffed that final step. Youngest child wants a walk, and then I'll give it another try when I get back, thanks.

NP ~ take your time.

edited July 7

Repeated the process.

I think my issue is not saving the autofollow head morph on the eyes in the hidden properties, as the eyes keep coming out too small, still. I have hidden turned on, but I don't see the autofollow head morph.

Post edited by SilverGirl on

With manfriday's script, there should be no issue of AutoFollow... Anyway, select G9 figure, click on the Gear icon on the converted Head Morph property to open Parameter Settings dialogue... can you see AutoFollow is checked ? If it is not checked, check it. Then delete Genesis 9 Eyes sub-node, and reload Genesis 9 Eyes from G9 Starter Essentials to the figure. You should see the hidden head morph on Genesi 9 Eyes...

You have to have the hidden property of AutoFollow head morph on Genesis 9 Eyes, otherwise all fix will be eventually in vain...

SNAG-2024-7-8-010.png
    2560 x 1392 - 447K
    SNAG-2024-7-8-011.png
    2560 x 1392 - 414K