adding dforce to non-dforce hair

I'm struggling to add dforce to non-dforce hair -- I've tried it with several difference genesis 9 hair products such as Layered Winter Style Hair for Genesis 8 and 9 and FE Long Straight Hair for Genesis 9. All result in the same issue where the hair seems to break and fall off along the transition in the weight map when it goes from 0 and 1. I've followed the guide here as well as some online  tutorials and the basic procedure as I see it is to add the dforce modifier, add the weight map, paint out the weight map where you dont want to have any effect, and then smooth it so it transitions gradually from red (full effect to blue and then to transparent). I run the simulation and the hair seems to break and fall off at the transition in the weight map.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Yes, you're right, you have to use dForce modifier as well as dForce modifier weight node... and the process turns out to be cumbersome. If it was easy to add dForce to those hair products, the vendors themselves would've already done it....

On this sort of hairs from OOT, FeSoul, etc., polylines are very thin and they are not welded with the hair cap surface, so you have to very carefully brush the "hair roots" with zero weight and properly smooth them a bit to prevent the hair from falling off. For doing this work, you better hide figure's head even hair cap.

Then another key step is to tweak the properties on dynamic surfaces, because you have to AMAP prevent the hair lines from being deformed too much when making them drape...and you have to test the simulation for times till you get a good result. I ever did such work for a friend on a similar long hair like Layered Winter Style Hair, it took me nearly two hours... then I was still not satisfied by the result.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015

This video may help you out on how to add deforce abilities to hair.

• extraneuxextraneux Posts: 15

Yeah that's one of the video tutorials I followed.