How to fix Genesis 9 teeth on custom character.

I sculpted a new character and even some corrective morphs to help with the bending, but the one thing I can't figure out how to fix is the positioning of her teeth when she smiles, since they are a separate figure. How do I reposition her teeth in such a way that the repositioning only triggers when I have her morph selected?

Comments

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,607

Make the change and then call it the exact same name as the internal morph and it should automatically adjust

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,300
    edited July 4

I think you want to tweak the rigging of mouth cavity rather than teeth themselves. I found no big issue on the teeth at least in your screenshot.

If your answer is yes, check this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8783396/#Comment_8783396 in which I gave a tutorial how to tweak eyes. The workflow also applies for the case of tweaking mouth.

Reminders :
    1) in your case, Zero Figure Pose before adjust rigging;
    2) dial an FACS expression to check if the mouth cavity is in right place after adjustment;
    3) if it's still not in right place, finetune its Transforms and updae the AutoFollow head morph on Genesis 9 Mouth, just like the steps of updating Head Morph on Genesis 9 Eyes in the tutorial.
    4) if you find the mouth cavitiy's is still not pefectly positioned with some specific expressions, you have to further make corrective morphs for them and set that Head Morph as the 2nd stage controller on the corrective morphs in Property Hierarchy.

Post edited by crosswind on