HELP!!! Did I mess up my entire DAZ Studio!?

RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

I was trying to use Decimator, but even after creating the LOD and saving the decimated figure as a scene subset, whenever I loaded the scene subset it would revert back to the original undecimated figure. So this is where I made a huge mistake, because I wanted quick advice, I asked ChatGPT what to do and it asked me to save the thing as a figure/prop asset, and that's when I realized that it was saving it over MY ENTIRE LIBRARY. I couldn't cancel the saving and I went to DAZ forums and saw advice from Richard Haseltine saying that saving stuff as a figure/prop asset should never be done lightly because it has huge consequences and that's when I began to panic big time.

1. How do I undo this!? I'm scared that all my work and data may have been messed up!

2. Shoot at me all you want for using ChatGPT. I deserve the mockery.

Post edited by RobertDy on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,527

It should have affected only the one figure, so reinstalling that and its morphs (morph sets and characters) should be "all" that is required.

Although Daz Studio itself still supports LoD the DSON format used for saves does not, so yes you can save as a new asset - but make sure you do so with a new name, and bear in mind that newly installed morphs will not be available on the new figure.