Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - more ongoinger thread

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,945

Mada's new suit dForce Mode Sauvage for Genesis 9 looks pretty nice. I was pleased to see that it didn't distort badly on FN Nahuel. The shirt collar is nice, but I'm not fond of the shawl collar on the jacket. I have some questions about the button placement. One of the cuff buttons moved out of place when I posed the character and ran dForce. Why are the shirt buttons placed a irregular intervals? I've never seen a real shirt like that? Is this some new trend? After dForce, and posing, the lower jacket button didn't line up anywhere near the button hole. I didn't have time to investigate. I just moved the buttons to where I wanted them. I applied a patterned silk shader to the tie.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 011909 buttons not uniformly placed.jpg
    1097 x 1431 - 158K
    FN Nahuel Mode Sauvage_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 730K
    FN Nahuel Mode Sauvage_Camera 2.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 594K
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,529

Not a new product, I think, but one I've never seen before: The ruins here: https://www.daz3d.com/castle-in-ruins-for-daz-studio. Definitely an instant buy.

May be a transfer from another shop given the high SKU number (>100,000) and the sales text reference to DS4.9.

Regards,

Richard.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

Lilwolff said:

I am really excited to put https://www.daz3d.com/character-mixer-version-2-for-genesis-8-and-9 this mixer from 3D Universe in my cart. I have the first one and happily, without hesitation, smileygrab this one too! 

Would be great if you could post some examples made with it, especially stylized ones.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,331

richardandtracy said:

Not a new product, I think, but one I've never seen before: The ruins here: https://www.daz3d.com/castle-in-ruins-for-daz-studio. Definitely an instant buy.

May be a transfer from another shop given the high SKU number (>100,000) and the sales text reference to DS4.9.

Regards,

Richard.

Great catch. I am a big fan of Vanishing Point assets for years and having iray version for Daz Studio is even better.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,314

https://www.daz3d.com/hid-paula-for-genesis-9

looks like a young Gwyneth Paltrow, or Blythe Danner with the right period make-up and hairstyle

barbult said:

Mada's new suit dForce Mode Sauvage for Genesis 9 looks pretty nice. I was pleased to see that it didn't distort badly on FN Nahuel. The shirt collar is nice, but I'm not fond of the shawl collar on the jacket. I have some questions about the button placement. One of the cuff buttons moved out of place when I posed the character and ran dForce. Why are the shirt buttons placed a irregular intervals? I've never seen a real shirt like that? Is this some new trend? After dForce, and posing, the lower jacket button didn't line up anywhere near the button hole. I didn't have time to investigate. I just moved the buttons to where I wanted them. I applied a patterned silk shader to the tie.

Looks nice without the jacket, but the baked in wrinkle for the snug fit looks off to me. It would be nice if one could get that effect from dForce alone. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

Hylas said:

xyer0 said:

@Hylas If you were well-versed in geography, anatomy, or the NT prior to the turn of the century, look at Central and South America, kidneys and "interstitium," and "forgive us our trespasses."

you shall not be forgiven! rofl

I am already. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,903

The more products I see labeled as "boho", the more meaningless that label seems.

• backgroundbackground Posts: 381
    edited July 22

The new hairs from Fesoul, are they strand based? If they aren't I might buy them.

Post edited by background on

background said:

The new hairs from Fesoul, are they strand based? If they aren't I might buy them.

I don't think so, despite the "clay" promos, which look to me like they still have opacity maps, and are thus of limited value as clay renders. The hairs also include maps like bump and texture that strand-based hair doesn't need.

• backgroundbackground Posts: 381

Gordig said:

background said:

I don't think so, despite the "clay" promos, which look to me like they still have opacity maps, and are thus of limited value as clay renders. The hairs also include maps like bump and texture that strand-based hair doesn't need.

Thanks, I bought the bundle and they are made of thin strips rather than strands, still a lot of polygons  but far better than strand. 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,529

Gordig said:

The more products I see labeled as "boho", the more meaningless that label seems.

Oh. I thought it was 'Boo Hoo' by a lazy typist. And looking at the type of stuff, I'd cry too if I had to wear it.

Regards,

Richard.

• novastridernovastrider Posts: 208

I think the Presidents 9 Bundle needs an update. Seems outdated now.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

novastrider said:

Both of them are presidents

PerttiA said:

novastrider said:

Both of them are presidents

Strictly speaking, only one of them IS president.

• novastrider said:

It's a collectible, a snapshot of a moment in time. 

And actually, there are multiple items in it that I quite like so far for the fair price I paid for it the day it came out.

• An Add-on however would make sense at some point, if you're crossing editorial waters anyway. E.g. when it's certain and both vice presidents are there. Could add a football too!

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Lurym would make a good genie if there were a blue skin option.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,795

I like this new hair, but the beard is such a major part of the look they're showing in the promos, with no mention of it anywhere. Anyone know what it is?
    dForce FE Layered Pompadour Hair for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

hair is too thin, beard looks amazing

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,210

daveso said:

I like this new hair, but the beard is such a major part of the look they're showing in the promos, with no mention of it anywhere. Anyone know what it is?

Looks like the beard from AK Knight hair by Art Ken to me.

dForce AK Knight Hair for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 Male

• I like the new 1920's outfit.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-1920s-vintage-outfit-for-genesis-9-8-and-81

I think a few people requested more outfits of this era in a thread a while back, so good to see some of them start to filter through. There was a  G9 1930's outfit recently that I picked up and this 1920's one goes to the top of my wishlist for when I can build a cart. Love the fashions of the first part of the 20th century.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,035

butterflyfish said:

daveso said:

Looks like the beard from AK Knight hair by Art Ken to me.

dForce AK Knight Hair for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 Male

I have the FE hair on my wishlist, and own the AK hair. Looking at both large promos, they look similar but if you think about it, beards come in all sizes and shapes. And these two have a slightly different impression. The FE hair looks like it has missed a number of groomings, along with the hair; and the AK one is neat, trimmed and suitable for someone able to take the time to care for it and its hair is smooth and styled.

Is there a new Thor movie coming out?

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405
    edited July 30

this looks awesome: MD List of Products Used and it's wishlisted (i'd buy it right now on the spot if i could...)
    i always list what i use when i upload renders in a gallery - if possible, give credit where credit is due. without creators... i could only render primitives XD.

question: i guess from the description that it tracks daz products - so i'd still have to list non-daz items/freebies by myself?

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,297

manekiNeko said:

this looks awesome: MD List of Products Used and it's wishlisted (i'd buy it right now on the spot if i could...)
    i always list what i use when i upload renders in a gallery - if possible, give credit where credit is due. without creators... i could only render primitives XD.

question: i guess from the description that it tracks daz products - so i'd still have to list non-daz items/freebies by myself?

I also came to say that the List of Products looks amazing. Aside easier giving credit in the gallery, I can also see it being super useful for when you retexture a lot and identifying shaders you used when you want to reuse them on another thing, if it actually can do that (it does mention detecting materials, but also mentions not detecting things not leaving trace in scene tab)

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hnc24-basic-suit-outfits-for-genesis-9 Today's suit is quite nice. I wish the trousers had a belt. I'm toying with making a reference thread for male Genesis 9 clothing, to make it easier to find.
  • NathNath Posts: 2,771

Hmm, I thought I liked https://www.daz3d.com/bw-the-night-hunter-outfit-for-genesis-9. That pointed thigh armour does look a bit like it could lead to an unfortunate groin-impaling incident though. The rest of the bundle, well... the Mathis hair looks nice, and I wishlisted it.

There's nothing like reinstalling your existing content to bring home how much one doesn't actually need anything new... 

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited August 1

Nath said:

Hmm, I thought I liked https://www.daz3d.com/bw-the-night-hunter-outfit-for-genesis-9. That pointed thigh armour does look a bit like it could lead to an unfortunate groin-impaling incident though. The rest of the bundle, well... the Mathis hair looks nice, and I wishlisted it.

There's nothing like reinstalling your existing content to bring home how much one doesn't actually need anything new... 

It was looking good until I ran into the 3 items with the editorial license. Was surprised at the https://www.daz3d.com/vigilante-poses-for-genesis-9-base poses having one. The Mathis Hair reminds me of Ron Perlman.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 510
    edited August 1

I like the new character Thomas but the pro bundle is awful... the only thing worth having over the starter bundle is Mathis hair, the Cryptid Heroes outfit looks like a cheap fancy dress costume.

Edit: with the discounts (89%) maybe i'm being a bit harsh, the character, the 2 hair products, the Entrepreneur outfit and maybe the elder shape are pretty good value for $22.59. 

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,696

Timbales said:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hnc24-basic-suit-outfits-for-genesis-9 Today's suit is quite nice. I wish the trousers had a belt. I'm toying with making a reference thread for male Genesis 9 clothing, to make it easier to find.

My thoughts exactly, I don't know how easy it would be to add a belt so it sits in the loops correctly. So wishlisted for now. But the suit is really nice!