Weird deforming

I once again come humbled with hat in hand to ask...

What the crispy fried chicken happened to my model?

I was making a series of renders and had the model sitting, laying, and standing all using preset poses that I know work. I went to put her in another sitting pose and her leg was deformed. Tried several sitting poses and deformed leg. If I put her in standing forms, it was fine, but any kneeling and sitting form made her leg cave in. I tried reloading a previous save and it was still deforming. I loaded in the original model and it works fine. So somewhere along the way I did....something? I don't know. 

Anybody have a clue of what I did to cause this? Don't need a fix. I just loaded my base model back into the scene and continued on... But knowing what happened would be great. And actually, knowing a fix would be good future knowledge.

messedupleg.jpg
500 x 500 - 63K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

That looks like a corrective morph (JCM/CBS) kicking in when it shouldn't. Apply the minimum pose needed to trigger the issue, to reduce the number of things you need to look at, then open the Parameters pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner) and turn on Preferences>Show Hidden Properties. With the figure selected click on the Currently Used group in the Parameters pane - one of the sldiers with the greyed out label (one of the hidden ones) should be the culprit, try zeroing them and restoring them until you find which then note the label on the slider (it may be easier to read if you click the gear icon and open Parameter Settings) - in recent builds of DS the Parameter Settings may give more information than that, but either way you should be able to figure out which character or morph set is the issue. Check you haven't missed an update for that product, if not please rport it to support (if it is sold through Daz) or the artist.

• Richard Haseltine said:

That looks like a corrective morph (JCM/CBS) kicking in when it shouldn't. Apply the minimum pose needed to trigger the issue, to reduce the number of things you need to look at, then open the Parameters pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button in the top corner) and turn on Preferences>Show Hidden Properties. With the figure selected click on the Currently Used group in the Parameters pane - one of the sldiers with the greyed out label (one of the hidden ones) should be the culprit, try zeroing them and restoring them until you find which then note the label on the slider (it may be easier to read if you click the gear icon and open Parameter Settings) - in recent builds of DS the Parameter Settings may give more information than that, but either way you should be able to figure out which character or morph set is the issue. Check you haven't missed an update for that product, if not please rport it to support (if it is sold through Daz) or the artist.

Thanks for the response! I'll bookmark this in case it happens again so I can check these things.

It's just super weird. Its a custom model I created by using the base G8 and dialing in morphs. I've used this model many many times previously and this was the first time this happened. Weird. I have no clue what happened. Like I said, I had posed her in this scene several times before it happened. Only thing I can think of was I wasn't happy with how dforce was handling her shirt in a couple poses, so I exported it to Marvelous Designer to do the work, then imported it back as a morph on the shirt, but that should have only affected the shirt. Dunno. It was just weird and confused me. lol 

Thanks again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,461

scottferrellnewsletter said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks for the response! I'll bookmark this in case it happens again so I can check these things.

It's just super weird. Its a custom model I created by using the base G8 and dialing in morphs. I've used this model many many times previously and this was the first time this happened. Weird. I have no clue what happened. Like I said, I had posed her in this scene several times before it happened. Only thing I can think of was I wasn't happy with how dforce was handling her shirt in a couple poses, so I exported it to Marvelous Designer to do the work, then imported it back as a morph on the shirt, but that should have only affected the shirt. Dunno. It was just weird and confused me. lol 

Thanks again.

Most likely it is a product that was installed between the last time it worked and the first time it failed. This kind of issue, if my suspicion is correct, will affect all characters built on the base figure, even if the actual problem product is not used with them (that is the whole issue - something kicks in when it isn't needed).

• Richard Haseltine said:

scottferrellnewsletter said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks again.

Most likely it is a product that was installed between the last time it worked and the first time it failed. This kind of issue, if my suspicion is correct, will affect all characters built on the base figure, even if the actual problem product is not used with them (that is the whole issue - something kicks in when it isn't needed).

I'm not smart enough to figure it out honestly. Like I said, I did multiple renders in the same scene, same models, same enviroment. Everything was fine until it wasn't. I deleted the model and loaded the base model back into the scene, put all the materials, hair, clothing and accessories back on and it worked fine. Something happened to that specific instance of the model. It's not a huge deal because I fixed it by loading the base model in... just my curiousity really because that leg is messed up. lol I do appreciate your thoughts, though.