Lorelei mertail on genesis 9

PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 872

Hi has anyone tried putting the https://www.daz3d.com/lorelei-mertail-for-genesis-2-female-s on Genesis 9?

I cant get the legs to hide and they stick out the sides of the tail. If i shrink the legs it becomes all kinds of horrible. :)

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

The problem isn't the legs, but the lower torso. Obviously you can't hide G9's body surface, but you could either use the Geometry Editor to select and hide the polygons you don't want to be visible, or create an opacity mask for the parts of the body that the tail covers.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 872
    edited July 20

Hi Gordig

I cant help but feel the legs are the problem maybe i am wrong if i use the geometry editor it looks better but the "hide legs" lorelei components does nothing but on gen 2 it removes the legs only. i can live with the crotch crease as i can just edit it out in PS.

legs.png
    513 x 809 - 251K
    Post edited by Pitmatic on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you click the 'eye' icon in scene tab on the leg bones they will dissappaer. Wont that solve it?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,904

Yeah, when I made that post, I was assuming that you were hiding the legs.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 872

felis said:

If you click the 'eye' icon in scene tab on the leg bones they will dissappaer. Wont that solve it?

Sorry The legs disappear but tail is deforemd as if they are stil there

• MadaMada Posts: 1,895

Just clicking the eyes on the scene tab won't remove the leg geometry, so the tail will still collide against it. The hide legs won't work on G9 since its set up for G2, you need to use the process in the video below to set up a hide legs conditional graft for G9 that works with its mesh. Conditional grafts will hide the geometry completely :)

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

You could also scale the legs down to nubs to tuck them inside?