Adding bubbles to a liquid

Is there a way to add bubbles to a liquid texture? (i.e. champagne or bubbly soft drink) All the liquid textures I can find have no bubbles in them, just different colors, opacities, etc...

I thought about possibly just adding lots of little spheres, but that seems very time consuming and resource intensive when it comes time to render.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,480

Unless you are using a volumetric shader liquids are just a surface shader, setting the index of refraction, so you could use a bunch of instanced sphere primitives for the bubbles.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

teechurz_7c41d96282 said:

Is there a way to add bubbles to a liquid texture? (i.e. champagne or bubbly soft drink) All the liquid textures I can find have no bubbles in them, just different colors, opacities, etc...

I thought about possibly just adding lots of little spheres, but that seems very time consuming and resource intensive when it comes time to render.

Any suggestions?

You could use UltraScatter to help you with placing the bubbles, and/or Instancify to turn the bubbles into instances (if UltraScatter doesn't already do that, I don't remember). Mec4D had some liquid shaders in one of their packs, but almost all of their products appear to have been removed from the store.