mal3Imagery - MI Modern Military Combat Uniform for G8M/G8.1M for G8F?

@mal3Imagery

Would you be able to release this for G8F too? not sure how hard or easy that would be but i thought i'd ask. Been looking around for a Crye style military uniform and yours was the best one i've seen yet, but its only for Daz males.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Have you tried autofitting?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,444

Look into these. Better than Auto-Fit (but not free...)

Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit

RSSY Cross Gender Clothes Genesis 8

• edited July 22

felis said:

I dont own it, but does it do the same thing other G8M products do when fitted on females and it gets weird around the groin area?

NorthOf45 said:

So these should let G8M clothes fit with no weird fitting issues?

Post edited by Old_School (active account) on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,444
    edited July 22

Old_School (active account) said:

felis said:

I dont own it, but does it do the same thing other G8M products do when fitted on females and it gets weird around the groin area?

NorthOf45 said:

The Cross-Figure Resource Kit adds compatibility for the opposite gender in the form of morphs. Works live in the scene, just move (fit and parent) the garment to the other figure. Easy to use, and there are other versions for G2 and G3, so it's a familiar process. The Genesis 3 Cross-Figure Resource Kit [Documentation Center] has a user guide.

(ETA: That link is obviously for G3, the G8 version does not have a separate User Guide, it is on the ReadMe page itself: Genesis 8 Cross-Figure Resource Kit [Documentation Center], but it's the same process.)

The RSSY Cross Gender Clothes does use conforming templates, but they claim to not distort like auto-fit. Haven't really used it, TBH. I believe you have to convert it first, then load it in. There is a user guide in the product.

You can try them both on other wardrobe items to see which is better for you. You have 30 days to get a refund.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,143

Old_School (active account) said:

It's better than autofit (you'll keep anything destroyed by autofit like bones or rigid follow nodes), but it won't be as good as a product made by a PA for G8F.

Another way to get the military uniform on a feminine character could be to use the Genesis 9 version on a Genesis 9 character: it does support some feminine shapes.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

Something to remember, the military often issues male battle-dress uniforms (BDU) to females. The only concession for women has finally been a maternity version. (USA military, not sure about other countries.) My BDUs were baggy, waist just hit me on my high hip. The arms were a tad too long. But the bust area was loose.