Smart Content: filter by context doesn't show Wardrobe with Genesis or G8F selected

ElorElor Posts: 1,145

Hello,

I tested all the Genesis figures and it's only a problem with Genesis (which I rarely use) and Genesis 8 Female but not Genesis 8.1 Female:

I checked, the problem happened with Daz 4.21.0.5 and the latest public beta build.

With all other figures (G2F/M, G3F/M, G8.1F, G8M/G8.1M and Genesis 9), filtering by context in Smart Content shows the Wardrobe entry.

It's not necessary a big one: I'm usually using Genesis 8.1 as a base even with Genesis 8 characters but does someone has an idea about the origin of the problem ?

smart_content.jpg
1861 x 1218 - 366K
Post edited by Elor on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If you look up Scene Identification for G8F, what is then Comptability Base?

Scene Identification is with the character selected in scene tab, and click the burger menu > Edit > Scene Identification...

• ElorElor Posts: 1,145
    edited July 24

Thank you, I didn't think to look here.

It says "Gothic Courtyard/GC Statue" on G8F O_o and there is nothing for Genesis.

G8F:

Genesis:

G8.1F

I recently got Gothic Courtyard, but why would the statue ends as the compatibility base for G8F ?!?

Genesis8F.png
    722 x 341 - 71K
    Genesis.png
    722 x 341 - 63K
    Genesis8_1F.png
    722 x 341 - 70K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,486

Bad metadata - let the vendor/store know, but in the emantime reinstall the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Following your advice did solve the problem, thank you.

According to the PA, who answered someone with the same problem in 2021, it was not something up his alley. Either no one bothered to open a ticket since 2021, or it's still waiting for a fix since then. Regardless, I opened one ticket too to ask Daz if it is possible to fix the product to avoid it messing with metadata it shouldn't change.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/502591/

edited July 24

I forgot, it did solve the problem with G8F, but is it normal for Genesis to not have any metadata ?

Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

I forgot, it did solve the problem with G8F, but is it normal for Genesis to not have any metadata ?

It should have "Genesis" as comptability base. If relevant you could also reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials. 

I tried to reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials (two times, the second time to be sure I had Daz not launched because I don't remember if it was close the first time) and Genesis still didn't have any compatibility base in Scene Identification. I used Set Default Compatibility Base and it now have one, but in the end, it's not that useful: I looked at a couple of Genesis clothes items in the Content DB Editor and none have Genesis as a Compatibility Base blush: each item is only referencing itself as the compatibility base.

Is there a way to have all items in a directory and its sub-directories visibles in the Content DB Editor, to add Genesis in one go ? Or do I need to go to each sub-directory with clothing items and add Genesis as a Compatibility Base each time ?

I am only aware of that you can edit metadata on folder or product level.

But it is a bit strange how they can have been changed.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

As I understand it, metadata started close to the beginning of G2. Some items from G1 did slip in and get metadata. But from my purchases of the G1 period, I have had to add metadata to many of those items. I even had to go so far as to modify the Scene Identification on at least one item. Although hair items may have metadata, as some of the best of G2 were released for Gen4, G1, G2, and some for G3.

What frustrates me is when it seems everything is correct, yet a few items can't be found based on the character's generation. But I have also found that a character's Smart Content metadata can be an issue. I periodically review it and add in the missing details.