Clothing Morph Applies Weirdly After Importing From Blender. Straps look Weird too.

n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 152
edited July 26 in New Users

I've attached some links to some files which are short videos. I've only been learning Daz studio for a couple of months. 

@crosswind was kind enough to show me how to smooth out some bumps in some clothing awhile back. It's the Jill Valentine RE5 BattleSuit. Here: https://mega.nz/file/qeg10B5S#YYCh1mmeKcvL4IprIt0UJAP6eJsOZUIm4MRgaw0zU2M

I have several issues.

1: Am I Exporting and Importing the character and Clothing correctly to Blender and back to Daz? I'm asking cause I have 2 Body Morphs and I'm not sure which one to select? Am I following the procedures correctly?

Part 1https://mega.nz/file/vMN33bCJ#AMlBQn7eNbgrJ0BN0AhLIMa4I3BLRgK--QBkG_gy-Cg

Part 2https://mega.nz/file/fYUklKBL#ZycSPSN6v651auroH0iUu_XevtgKnbx3zE9HQXieuPk

2: When I apply the suit in Daz, it does not apply correctly. Do I have to rotate Jill 90 degrees or I'm doing something wrong? 

Part 3:  https://mega.nz/file/2E9yGabK#Az6C47S8F4eznVsvL1-3eiFTZ13kFCCxANZIiNuBuQg 

3: Also, there's a lot of tearing or poke through in the suit after the import. I do have a Push Modifier added which I previously used before to adjust the tearing or poke through. There's so much more. See Part 3 link.

4: What is going on with the leg straps? They should not be chipped like that. See Part 3 link.

I get the feeling I have to start again from scratch. 

Post edited by n.aspros123 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

I don't have time to sit through videos, screen shots of the settings with a verbal summary would help. However, the last comment sounds as if your OBJ export and morph import settings do not match and one of them is chnaging the axis system - or possibly your import and export settings in Blender are doing that. Daz Studio was presets for the otpions, make sure you use the same one in OBJ export and morph import.

• n.aspros123n.aspros123 Posts: 152

Richard Haseltine said:

I don't have time to sit through videos, screen shots of the settings with a verbal summary would help. However, the last comment sounds as if your OBJ export and morph import settings do not match and one of them is chnaging the axis system - or possibly your import and export settings in Blender are doing that. Daz Studio was presets for the otpions, make sure you use the same one in OBJ export and morph import.

How many do you need? I've got a total of 16 screenshots from the vidoes I've posted. 

Apologies but I don't exactly remember what I did as i was following another video but I'll try to explain. 

Basically I was trying to Export a Suit and Character to Blender. I changed the suit the Base Resolution as a .obj. I was not sure which body morph/s to select. I selected one. After trying again, I selcted the other. Didn't make no difference which I selceted. I copy the name of the morph to save it in the name of the morph.

I open Blender and start smoothing. Save the file again as a .obj. Name it and I unselect some options. Save it on my drive.Then Export. Open Daz. Select Morph Loader Pro. Find saved .obj. Change Reverse Deformations>Yes. Overwrite Existing> Deltas Only.>Accept. Doesn't load properly.

Part 1 of screen shots.

JV Suit Morph Error 1.JPG
    1673 x 774 - 153K
    JV Suit Morph Error 2.JPG
    1383 x 775 - 133K
    JV Suit Morph Error 3.JPG
    1391 x 778 - 139K
    JV Suit Morph Error 4.JPG
    1385 x 779 - 144K
    JV Suit Morph Error 5.JPG
    1386 x 778 - 147K
    JV Suit Morph Error 6.JPG
    1387 x 784 - 102K
    JV Suit Morph Error 7.JPG
    1383 x 776 - 123K

Part 2 of screen shots.

JV Suit Morph Error 8.JPG
    1390 x 792 - 119K
    JV Suit Morph Error 9.JPG
    1382 x 781 - 145K
    JV Suit Morph Error 10.JPG
    1387 x 775 - 146K
    JV Suit Morph Error 11.JPG
    1387 x 785 - 145K
    JV Suit Morph Error 12.JPG
    1383 x 780 - 149K
    JV Suit Morph Error 13.JPG
    1386 x 779 - 137K
    JV Suit Morph Error 14.JPG
    1383 x 779 - 146K
    edited July 26

I workaround it by turning Jill 90 degrees to the directon when the suit is loaded back in. Do I have to do this?

Also, there's a lot of tearing or poke through in the suit after the import. I do have a Push Modifier added which I previously used before to adjust the tearing or poke through. There's so much more. See Part 3 link.

What is going on with the leg straps? They should not be chipped like that. They have been slowly been degrading. See Part 3 link (short vid).

I get the feeling I have to start again from scratch. 

JV Suit Morph Error Workaround 1.JPG
    1383 x 779 - 146K
    JV Suit Morph Error Workaround 2.JPG
    1384 x 787 - 139K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

There is some inconcy in your export from DS and import to blender.

When the suit is in blender it has the symmetry axis as Y, it should be X. It looks to me as you are both modifing orientation out of DS and into blender, which probably are causing the rotation.

And when you then in blender mirror along X you get problems.

felis said:

There is some inconcy in your export from DS and import to blender.

When the suit is in blender it has the symmetry axis as Y, it should be X. It looks to me as you are both modifing orientation out of DS and into blender, which probably are causing the rotation.

And when you then in blender mirror along X you get problems.

Yes. When the suit is imported into Blender it is lying flat Y axis. So I select X axis to load it upright. So I can work on it. 

How to avoid this issue then?   

@felis

Why is the suit tearing/poke-through so much when importing back into Daz?  It had no tearing/poke-through before exporting.

For the axis, you need to decide if you want to change orientation when exporting from DS or when importing to blender. Now you are doing both. If you are keeping your blender import, you must set DS export X, Y, Z.

Regarding the pokethrough, are you sure both sides are fine in blender before export? What I saw was that you was doing X mirror, while having Y as mirror axis. And are the suit actually symmetrical (just to check)?

edited July 30

Needs to be the same orientation both ways.

How do I set it?

Can I change the orientation in Blender to match Daz's orientation before I open the file?

There was no suit poke-through before saving the file for export.

If you want to keep DAZ orientation and change on import to blender, from DS keep X, Y, Z, and import to blender Forward -Z Up Y

How do you set the axis orientation to make it the same from DAZ to blender and back?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Again, pls be noted:

1) When exportinbg items from DS to OBJ, use these settings in OBJ Export Options dialogue. Never touch Axis Conversion. (ss 1).

2) When importing OBJ to Blender (4.0+), keep default settings (ss 2)

3) When exporting items from Blender to OBJ, use settings in  (ss 3)

Better save export / import Presets in both DS and Blender for easy access .

SNAG-2024-8-21-087.png
    2560 x 1392 - 441K
    SNAG-2024-8-21-085.png
    2560 x 1392 - 939K
    SNAG-2024-8-21-086.png
    2560 x 1392 - 927K

crosswind said:

Again, pls be noted:

1) When exportinbg items from DS to OBJ, use these settings in OBJ Export Options dialogue. Never touch Axis Conversion. (ss 1).

2) When importing OBJ to Blender (4.0+), keep default settings (ss 2)

3) When exporting items from Blender to OBJ, use settings in  (ss 3)

Better save export / import Presets in both DS and Blender for easy access .

I think I found what the problem is. The axis is different. I NEVER touched these axis settings! I just let Daz decide.  

Axis Conversion.jpg
    1385 x 779 - 137K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Yep, I saw this screenshot... maybe you've selected Blender preset once... by chance ? Then you set other settings... then the preset (To) turned into "Custom "but "XZY" was still left there. No worry, it happens sometimes.cool