A shadow appears on the cube created with blender.

Hi,

In order to make a floor, I created a cubic panel with the corners rounded off in Brender, but when I imported it into DAZ, a mysterious shadow appeared.
I tried the following, but I don't know how to solve the problem.
- Triangulated the faces.
- Aligned the normals.
- Deleted the texture.
- I created the panel in DAZ, but no shadow appears.
- Correctly reviewed the coordinates of each vertex.

error.png
3160 x 1352 - 2M

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Did you configure UVs before exporting?

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610

That looks like an attempt to use smooth shading separately for each square, that's typical of low poly objects without custom normals. You can try to export/import custom normals, but I don't know if daz studio can handle it the same way as blender. Or you fix the geometry adding beveled edges at the borders, as well formed high poly objects do, this is the best solution.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Is this a series of cubes, or is it a single item? If it is a single item it is possibly unneeded internal faces cofnusing the smoothing algorithm.

Regardless of why the smoothing issue is happening you can turn it down or off in the Surfacases pane in Daz Studio (smoothing off, or adjust the angle).

• flare_dbd185b4baflare_dbd185b4ba Posts: 64
    edited July 29

ゴーディグ氏はこう語った。

エクスポートする前に UV を設定しましたか?

Yes, the UVs are already set.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited July 29

パドネ氏はこう語った。

これは、各正方形に個別にスムーズ シェーディングを使用する試みのように見えますが、これはカスタム法線のない低ポリゴン オブジェクトに典型的です。カスタム法線のエクスポート/インポートを試みることはできますが、Daz Studio が Blender と同じように処理できるかどうかはわかりません。または、適切に形成された高ポリゴン オブジェクトのように、境界にベベル エッジを追加してジオメトリを修正するのが最善の解決策です。

I tried setting a bevel on the edge.
    As a result, setting a deeper bevel improved the symptoms as you say.
    Thank you.

edited July 29

リチャード・ハゼルティン氏はこう語った。

これは一連の立方体ですか、それとも単一のアイテムですか? 単一のアイテムの場合は、スムージング アルゴリズムを複雑にする不要な内部面である可能性があります。

スムージングの問題が発生する理由に関係なく、Daz Studio の Surfacases ペインでスムージングを下げたりオフにしたりできます (スムージングをオフにするか、角度を調整します)。

A single object was created with the array modifier.
    The same problem occurs with a single object.
    I've tried adjusting the daz settings in various ways, but so far there has been no improvement.
    Thank you.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

If it was created with an area modifier, have you activated merge between the elements? Else each item will be an individual mesh.

• allison.kwikallison.kwik Posts: 4
    edited July 31

tick off the smooth option in the surface setting of the material name from the surfaces pane

Screenshot 2024-07-30 071511.png
    651 x 312 - 22K
    Post edited by allison.kwik on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

you can also try defining the edge as sharp in blender and applying the edge split modifier, this works in some but not all cases but changing the surface materials in daz can override and you need to turn smooth off again in the surface parameters tab when you go back to daz studio.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/generate/edge_split.html

• felis said:

If it was created with an area modifier, have you activated merge between the elements? Else each item will be an individual mesh.

Yes, the merge has been performed and now it's a single object.
    Thanks.

edited August 1

allison.kwik said:

tick off the smooth option in the surface setting of the material name from the surfaces pane

Your suggestion solved the problem.

Thank you very much.

edited August 1

StratDragon said:

you can also try defining the edge as sharp in blender and applying the edge split modifier, this works in some but not all cases but changing the surface materials in daz can override and you need to turn smooth off again in the surface parameters tab when you go back to daz studio.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/generate/edge_split.html

This was very helpful. Thank you.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,610

Personally I don't advise to do tricks with smoothing, that's good for low poly models for old games but not for high poly models for PBR rendering. In realistic models you need extra bevels to catch the light on edges, as a real object would do, that's the solution I recommend in general.

p.s. Then both iray and cycles provide a "edge shader" to simulate light on edges, but it's slow and not precise, in general extra bevels do better.

• Padone said:

Personally I don't advise to do tricks with smoothing, that's good for low poly models for old games but not for high poly models for PBR rendering. In realistic models you need extra bevels to catch the light on edges, as a real object would do, that's the solution I recommend in general.

p.s. Then both iray and cycles provide a "edge shader" to simulate light on edges, but it's slow and not precise, in general extra bevels do better.

This is a very easy-to-understand explanation.
    Thank you.