how do i make strand hair scale with a figure

when i scale a figure with strand hair it looks like there is an explosion on the head. is there a way to scale the strands so they dont look like wires shooting from the center of the skull?  i exported as obj but is there another way?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Strand hair you mde or dForce ahir from the store? dForce hair can usually be simulated, using the Simulation Setings pane, but strand based hair needs to be groomed with the Strand Based hair editor.

• UncannyValetUncannyValet Posts: 174
    edited July 30

When you say Strand hair, what do you mean?  Did you make it in SBH Editor? What I am about to say applies to SBH made with the SBH Editor and I can only fathom a guess what you mean by strand hair, so ignore this if it does not apply to your situation.  You can export SBH as curve/polyline by setting render tesselation sides to 1 under the Parameters tab before exporting. Then reimport and use transfer utility to fit to figure. That way the SBH will scale with the parent figure it is fitted and parented to.  The problem with this method is you will lose the UVs, which you may need if you are trying to apply a texture map that uses the parent's surface UV.

Post edited by UncannyValet on
  • 00-main-lainey-hair-daz3d.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M