Hello to DAZ3D

MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926
edited August 1 in The Commons

Bin on a road trip from Texas to Idaho and had a stay in Salt Lake City.
Found out, that my hotel has been only two blocks away from the DAZ HQ.
So greetings smileyyes

DAZ3D.jpg
1024 x 710 - 384K
Post edited by Masterstroke on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

That's awesome! I would have knocked on the door, would love to see the offices. I was under the impression you were in Europe, you live in the U,S.?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Were they like;

cheeky

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,926
    edited August 1

FSMCDesigns said:

That's awesome! I would have knocked on the door, would love to see the offices. I was under the impression you were in Europe, you live in the U,S.?

Yes, I'm german and I live in germany.
    My wife and I have been visting my "in law family".

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

Masterstroke said:

Yes, I'm german and I live in germany.
    My wife and I have been visting my "in law family".

That's great. How has your trip been? I'm in TX and it's a bit warm here.I was in Germany many years ago for a few days, it was really a great experience.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I definitely would have knocked on the door or in the very least, thrown small objects up at the windows until someone poked their head out to tell me to stop... not saying I'd have stopped, but I would have said "Hi" and also given a different username... Also I'd have made an inquiry as to the health and lodgings of Burt the Server Hamster... 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,921

They tend to welcome customers in and show them around and such.

frank0314 said:

I just didn't want to be intrusive angel

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

frank0314 said:

Does not surprise me, as Daz is one of the best customer-friendly digital software companies in existence as they are unique in that they don't force annual subscriptions for their software/updates, and other crappy microtransactions, I say microtransactions as it borrows heavily from one the most wretched consumer-hostile industries in existence!

The gaming industry; as they were the ones who pioneered microtransactions, IE: Nickel and dime'ing us to bankruptcy!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332
    edited August 2

Masterstroke said:

frank0314 said:

Take a chance and go in. Then tell us about your visit there.

Follow my greetings to all of Daz 3D crew.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited August 2

Artini said:

Masterstroke said:

frank0314 said:

Too late, I'm back home already wink
    BTW, No door bell, no door signs and card lock only has been hinting me to respect their privacy. 
    Salt Lake city is already filled with mormon pilgrims. Imagine adding DAZ pilgrims on top of it.
    BTW: the base area of the building is free now. Looked to me, as if it has been a gym until recently. So DAZ, what about a gift shop in there? cheeky
    Imagine DAZ merchandize, T-shirts or a NVIATWAS figures for the desktop, haha.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,332

Oh no, I was spotted your thread too late.

I only remember the pictures of their HQ, they published a couple of years ago.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Masterstroke said:

Artini said:

Masterstroke said:

frank0314 said:

Too late, I'm back home already wink
    BTW, No door bell, no door signs and card lock only has been hinting me to respect their privacy. 
    Salt Lake city is already filled with mormon pilgrims. Imagine adding DAZ pilgrims on top of it.
    BTW: the base area of the building is free now. Looked to me, as if it has been a gym until recently. So DAZ, what about a gift shop in there? cheeky
    Imagine DAZ merchandize, T-shirts or a NVIATWAS figures for the desktop, haha.

Identity cards locks & security officers are standard government & business procedure for more than 3 decades in the USA. Only people's housing and businesses that have physical products you physically shop for don't have such security, although in the last 10 years it's increasingly the case even those places have it, when they can afford it. 

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,171
    I would have knocked on their door to introduce myself as a petty forumite who had recently cleared the wishlist save for several items and would not be further subscribing after the Daz+ membership expires
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,130

and coffe mugs  +  thanx