Tan Lines: How to get correct tan lines in G9?

921 / 5.000

Hello. I was using this product, Tan Lines Merchant Resource for Genesis 9, but as great as it is, it has a flaw, the tool does not darken the skin of the G9, but lightens the parts covered by fabrics. In other words, especially for characters with light skin, it is not very useful, because then the parts covered by fabrics appear too light, also this way the regular skin tone is lost.

For example, if I use it at 25/50% on Lianna 9 HD, who has dark skin, in the end it is also fine, but if I use it on Victoria 9 HD or on Death 9 HD, it appears too light. On Victoria at 100% the tan lines almost make the nipples disappear and the complexion appears too light. How can I restore the regular complexion of the character in the tan lines, and darken the remaining skin by tanning? Do I have to wait for another developer to produce an alternative, or is there a way not too difficult to do it?

Thanks.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

I don't have the product.

But it uses LIE, so I would assume it uses a full color layer on top of the existing skin textures, with oppacity masks for where to add color.

So you should be able to go into the skin surfaces, find where the LIE is, and open in LIE editor. There for the color on top of the character color you would change that to a darker tone, and then invert the oppacity mask.

You have to do that for all skin surfaces,

If there is surfaces without LIE, e.g. face, You need to add a LIE to get the same overall color, just not using any oppacity mask.

• I didn't find the l.I.E., in skin surface, also, where is the L.I.E. editor?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

You need to left-click on an image in the surface pane, probably Base Color, and select Layered Image Editor (LIE).

Then it should look something like attached screenshot (with a skin texture).

DS_LIE_menu.png
    408 x 375 - 37K
    DS_LIE_menu2.png
    792 x 676 - 178K