Crashing every time render starts with Olivia 53695

Every time I start rendering with Olivia HD 53695 DAZ3d just crashes, the message stated access violation. Why is this happening?

Comments

• ZiconZicon Posts: 273

You will have to provide more information before anyone can help you. Your exact Daz Studio version, the exact error message given, and any errors noted in the DS log is a start. A link to the character in question is also helpful.

• VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 134

I can't link as it will not let me submit the message, the version is 4.22.016 (x64).

The error is: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libiray.dll" at 0033:00000000803CBBDB, mi_plugin_factory()+2658315 byte(s)

The log archive is attatched

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_240803-125404.zip
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

There was (is?) an issue with tiff files, and the product has a tiff file.

I thought it was corrected in the latest DS Pro, but maybe not.

You could try and convert it to png/jpg and then have to manually load it.

How do I go about doing that? I need to convert it with something compatable then change the directories to use the new file format, I don't know how to do that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

It may be enough to open it in an image editor and then save it out again with no compression enabled (as i recall it is some compression algorithms that cause the crash). You could also try using the current Public Build of daz Studio, as long as your GPU has new enough drivers for and is supported by the newer version of  Iray.

edited August 3

I have version 4.22.16 which seems to be the latest one I have access to as it won't let me update any further. How do I remove compression errors in photo editing software? I was told every time an image is opened in any editor it gains compression errors that are detectable with forensic tools though not visible in the image and cannot be reversed without owning an originnal copy of the image. Is it somehow possible to reverse these?

Edit: Nothing I have will open TIFF files.

Post edited by VolvoB10M on

Where is the register files that have the file type for this that will also need to be changed?

I managed to find a program that can convert TIFF to JPG without having to pay for subscriptions to unlock the converted files and I converted "FWSAOliviaEyesN_1006.TIFF" to "FWSAOliviaEyesN_1006.JPG" after relaunching DAZ Studio I went to try and load Olivia 53695 and it now will not load, I get a message saying one or more files referenced are missing. How do I change the referencing file to show it to load the correct one?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

You can just load the missing file afterwards.

But if you want to change it so you can load it without errors, find the duf file and open it in a text editor. It might be compressed so you first have to unzip it.

When open search for the file name and change the extension.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Most image editors should give options when saving tiffs 9and should open them, they are a common standard). GIMP or Krita come to mind (I just checked Krita and it pops up an option box after setting the standard file requester, including compression choice). If you save as Tiff, without compression, to the original folder the presets should work - or you can use the Locat option to select the JPG instead.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited August 3

I have no issue with this character when previewing or rendering with Iray... and I don't think the issue comes from that TIF format NORMAL map.

You can simply test: Go to Surfaces pane, set Normal Map slot to None on the surface of Cornea, EyeMoisture, Irises, Pupils and Sclera. Then iray preview or render, see if it'll work or not.

If the issue persists, install the latest Nvidia Studio driver... If you've already done so... you can further try using DDU to completely uninstall Nvidia drivers and its residuals, then install the latest fresh Studio driver.

SNAG-2024-8-4-004.png
    2560 x 1392 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited August 7

I can't find any replacement textures that it will work with and nothing else to use to replace it, there is textures listed for eyebrows, ear acc, skin, but nothing to remap eyes. If I buy something to find replacements there is no guarantee that it will have compatible eye maps. Also, why doesn't this use universally compatible file formats?

I thought I found one compatible but it is not. I selected Amanda eyes in the materials menu of the content tab, these seemed to apply to Olivia but stretched out so there were no white parts visible. I thought it might work so I tried starting render but once again it crashed, so it seems other eye fields are not compatible.

edited August 8

I have tried changing around the eye texture with different versions but nothing has changed, it still just crashes every time.

Edit: I don't know what is going on here, it seems sometimes I can edit previous posts and sometimes I can't, it's weird.