Looking for a Specific Prop - Found

Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633
edited August 4 in The Commons

Does anyone recognize the coffepots/makers and cart/cabinet in the last promotional render for Lindsay's Wet and Dry Tops Textures?

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on

Comments

• PlantPlant Posts: 113

No  smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,955

I searched through my products, but I can't find either the coffee pots or the cart. The couch looks familiar, but I couldn't find it either. Sorry that I can't help, but wanted to let you know that people are trying to help.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,633

Thanks for looking, @barbuit. I couldn't find it in my rather bloated library, either.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 751

I did a pretty extensive search through Daz for coffee pots of that style a month or two(ish) ago, and those don't look familiar. I would've WL'ed them if I'd seen them.

Maybe it is an HDRI or photo used in the scene.

Thanks to you both. Maybe it is from a set @Linday might be working on? I will submit a support ticket asking about it.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

I think the DAZ woman is superimposed over a photograph. Everything in the scene has way more detail than I've ever seen in a DAZ prop.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited August 4

It's like the ones we used for years when I was a busboy so I thought it might be in Desert Motel | Daz 3D but it is not. That would be the sort of product or a restaurant I'd expect it in. 

also, in the ballpark

Moonshine's Diner Interior III | Daz 3D

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited August 4

I was thinking it might have been something from a Polish set, too. I've got the Moonshine stuff...these just looked so much better. But thank you for the suggestion.

I don't believe the couch is a photo. If you look at the buttons and tufting, you can see the distressed leather repeats itself.

Or I'm going crazy, which is always a possibility. But the couch, flanked on both sides by props with a painting above is a style of vignette @Linday has created before, so fingers crossed it is something new vs. a photo/HDRI.

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • LindayLinday Posts: 86

Hi, we used these items: 

1. coffee cart is from free site Poly Haven , their models are mainly scans, with nice simplified geometry matching real shapes with imperfections and very good PBR textures

2. Framed painting over the couch is also from Poly Haven

3. Couch is made from 2 pieces of bathroom seat from our set:  https://www.daz3d.com/high-contrast-bathroom-vignette-and-poses-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female

Have a great day

Thanks so much, @Linday

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,701

Phoenix1966 said:

I don't believe the couch is a photo.

I initially read that as "I don't believe the couch is a potato" ... and now I need oversized-vegetable furniture of all kinds. Anyone seen any? [Now that Phoenix found the coffee, I guess a little thread derailment isn't out of order?]

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,036

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

I initially read that as "I don't believe the couch is a potato" ... and now I need oversized-vegetable furniture of all kinds. Anyone seen any? [Now that Phoenix found the coffee, I guess a little thread derailment isn't out of order?]

Would soft plushy vegatation work? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-planterly-plushies ;

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,701

memcneil70 said:

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

Would soft plushy vegatation work? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-planterly-plushies

Those are more leaves and flowers than what I had in mind. Still, they are nice. 

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

Would soft plushy vegatation work? https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-planterly-plushies ;

Wow, where did that come from? I don't remember seeing it being a new release. I must have been offline that day.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

I did too! That's very odd!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

Wow, where did that come from? I don't remember seeing it being a new release. I must have been offline that day.

I remember it because I kept reading it as Planetary and not seeing the relation to the shapes.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

I remember it because I kept reading it as Planetary and not seeing the relation to the shapes.

Now that Planterly Plushies have been brought to my attention, I added them to my library.
    Richard is celebrating World Lion Day by attempting to pass as one, to reap any benefits that might therefore come his way.
    (Posted first here, where we discussed International Cat Day.)

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

I think the scan they used to texture the coffee maker came from a Bunn VP-17.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

That really is a fun unique style item. 

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

memcneil70 said:

Silent Winter said:

Phoenix1966 said:

Now that Planterly Plushies have been brought to my attention, I added them to my library.
    Richard is celebrating World Lion Day by attempting to pass as one, to reap any benefits that might therefore come his way.
    (Posted first here, where we discussed International Cat Day.)

In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion (hopes to) reap tonight.