Is there any way to manually edit Genesis 9 eyebrows?

I'm trying to recreate a character and I used one of the fiber style G9 brows. But I'm not fully there yet and there is now way to get them any further without distorting the otherwise pretty much final facial structures.

Is there any way to manually edit these eyebrows with something like a tool?

I tried meshgrabber, but that's not really working on fibers.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

You could create new ones with the Strand Based Hair editor, if they are mesh.

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 123

So that's a no?

Gosh, why isn't there a simple tool in DAZ (like liquify in Photoshop) with which we could just shape the fiber brows?

I guess I'll have to resort to post process liquifing the brows in to shape every time...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

dream-weaver said:

I'm trying to recreate a character and I used one of the fiber style G9 brows. But I'm not fully there yet and there is now way to get them any further without distorting the otherwise pretty much final facial structures.

Is there any way to manually edit these eyebrows with something like a tool?

I tried meshgrabber, but that's not really working on fibers.

Depending what you're really using... If they're G9's fiber mesh brows, they are not SBH other than sort of transmapped ones. So Mesh Grabber works well on them...and you can freely save the tweaked shape as morph properties with Mesh Grabber.

Alternatively, you can export the brows as OBJs to external software like Blender, and sculpt the shape as needed, then import OBJs to the brows with Morph Loader Pro to make whatever partial head morph or corrective morphs. It should be pretty simple. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605

I do wish there was a way to make or alter brows a bit better. Genesis 9 tends to have either feminine brows or really arched brows. I've always liked somewhat thicker straight brows. I own all brow products and haven't been able to find one yet. 

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 415
    edited August 5

If it's just a little nudge why not try with DFormer ? Before I had Meshgrabber I used those a lot.

2024-08-06 00_18_40-DAZ Studio 4.22 Pro Publishing Build.png
    552 x 491 - 162K
    Post edited by Amaranth on