Update email on account after losing access to old email address

guy1guy1 Posts: 6

Hey, I signed up for Daz3d a while back with an old email account that I no longer have access to. I can still log into Daz3d but not the email account. It seems the only way to update my email with Daz3d is if I have access to the old one. Has anyone been in this situation before and is there a solution? I emailed support a little over a week ago and still awaiting a response to that. Is there anything else I might consider doing?

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883
    edited August 5

Have you tried under Change Password?   The email address is editable there, but whether it works as it's supposed to do I don't know. 

Or is the problem that it sends a confirmation email to the old account?

Post edited by Taoz on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

Sales support was able to change the email address on an ancient account of mine that I didn't have access to anymore

You just need an email address that you do have access to and which isn't connected to any Daz acoount.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,883
    edited August 5

I find it a bit confusing, because they have this page here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055323391-How-Do-I-Change-the-Email-Address-on-My-Daz3D-Account

where they tell you to contact support, and at the same time there is the option in your account which they don't mention, which looks like it works when you look at it but whether it actually does is the question, since they don't mention it.

If the page had said "use the option in your account, otherwise contact support in case you can't access the old address anymore" it would have made more sense (presuming the account option would send a confirmation email with a link you have to click, before it takes effect).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,266

As PerttiA said, contact customer service using the email address you now have -- and yes you require an address that is not attached to any Daz3D account because merging accounts is not a thing here. And yes, this is how one ends up with several accounts. Important note: only use ONE account for communicating in the forums. And remember when shopping that the system will only show products owned by the account in use at the time of shopping.

It takes some time however one can go through each Product Library and copy/paste the items owned list into a text file and use that to compare against before making new purchases. Obviously continue shopping using whichever account you have your membership attached to ;-)