Where to go?

Brian&AliciaBrian&Alicia Posts: 90
edited August 5 in The Commons
Hi, for the past few years I been posting my images here in the daze gallery fishing for likes. Sadly, my work only gets maybe 10 likes avg. Over the past couple months, I feel I been really getting things down. My art quality I think has gotten substantially better in the past couple months. Yet, the likes stay about the same. So is there not that many people who participate in the gallery on here? or am I just over thinking my art, By thinking it's better then it really is? Maybe I'm wrong, but could it be because I need to learn how to photo edit my work? I feel a lot of people photo edit their work. Where I just render and post. Maybe those final touches are what's holding my work back maybe? If it's just not many people participate in the gallery, can anyone help direct me to a place that has a active community, for showing off your art? Here is a link to my gallery, if anyone might want to take a look, and tell me if you see something I'm doing wrong with my work? I really want to know if I'm getting good with Daz or not. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5628856610324480#gallery=newest&page=1
Post edited by Brian&Alicia on

Comments

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 628

I'm not good finding things in the gallery here. Could you put up a link to your DAZ Gallery for me?

• I'm not good finding things in the gallery here. Could you put up a link to your DAZ Gallery for me?

Let me see if I can figure out how to link from my phone.
  • I'm not good finding things in the gallery here. Could you put up a link to your DAZ Gallery for me?

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5628856610324480#gallery=newest&page=1
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Not sure if my opinions are worth anything since 10 is more than I get for most of the images I post but I think if you are looking for that then the Daz Gallery isn't overly great as it's missing things like being able to follow artists that you like and notifications on comments (unless you have the paid Daz Deals plugin). There is probably not a ton of people browsing the gallery directly but you can try posting your images in some of the challenge threads in the forum when they meet the topic and have a link to your gallery alongside - therefore if someone likes your image they can use the gallery for find more of them by you?

But if Daz is just a hobby then you can just make the images that you want to make and if other people like them then it's just an added bonus?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920

Images get buried very fast in the gallery so they aren't seen by a ton of people after so long. Not being able to search for specific people is a large reason for this. Daz is working on the gallery so there should be some new improved features once they are ready to roll them out, and no we have no idea on a time frame.

Thank you for the link! Several of your images made me grin and I really enjoyed browsing the gallery. I often forget that there is a gallery here at DAZ. I browse the store more than anything. Have you considered Deviant Art as another way to get the word out on your artwork? I have a gallery there I update more frequently than DAZ. I'm not sure about advice from others. Maybe someone else has a better idea. 

• Not sure if my opinions are worth anything since 10 is more than I get for most of the images I post but I think if you are looking for that then the Daz Gallery isn't overly great as it's missing things like being able to follow artists that you like and notifications on comments (unless you have the paid Daz Deals plugin). There is probably not a ton of people browsing the gallery directly but you can try posting your images in some of the challenge threads in the forum when they meet the topic and have a link to your gallery alongside - therefore if someone likes your image they can use the gallery for find more of them by you?

But if Daz is just a hobby then you can just make the images that you want to make and if other people like them then it's just an added bonus?

Eventually I would like to get good enough to make money doing it. But for now, I'm just wanting to see my likes grow, as my work gets better and better. Idk if my work is good enough to be competitive yet. But, that is a good idea. Thanks.
  • frank0314 said:

Images get buried very fast in the gallery so they aren't seen by a ton of people after so long. Not being able to search for specific people is a large reason for this. Daz is working on the gallery so there should be some new improved features once they are ready to roll them out, and no we have no idea on a time frame.

Man, after seeing how fast I'm getting responses here. I'm thinking I'd get more likes posting here. Because this seems way more active then the gallery. Lol
  • Thank you for the link! Several of your images made me grin and I really enjoyed browsing the gallery. I often forget that there is a gallery here at DAZ. I browse the store more than anything. Have you considered Deviant Art as another way to get the word out on your artwork? I have a gallery there I update more frequently than DAZ. I'm not sure about advice from others. Maybe someone else has a better idea. 

I always thought deviant art was for selling your work. I'll have to give it a deeper look. Thank you.
    edited August 5

You could always start a thread in the forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/art-studio and post images there. The description of it is for posting your art either finished or in process. You would get some comments on your art here too if you asked questions about anything that is troubling you.

They even have contests in that forum too.

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on

I've never sold anything on DA. I just like the gallery and some of the tools. There are a number of metrics you can use to see different things about how your images are being viewed.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781

Brian&Alicia said:

Eventually I would like to get good enough to make money doing it. But for now, I'm just wanting to see my likes grow, as my work gets better and better. Idk if my work is good enough to be competitive yet. But, that is a good idea. Thanks.

Ahh, I see well the stuff you have posted is pretty good so I shall wish you luck and hope that you get there :)

I think the suggestion of DeviantArt, as already mentioned, is probably a good one as you can use their system to sell images and subscriptions as well as open yourself for commisions. You'd likely also get more views there from people who enjoy consuming but do not produce themselves which is probably helpful when looking for paid work.

I think you should continue posting to the gallery here tho - and also perhaps start up your own thread in the Art Studio forum? That is kind of a way for people to follow you (by starring the thread) and get notifications of new images you post.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

Instagram, twitter, DA, probably some other obvious ones

• Brian&Alicia said:

Ahh, I see well the stuff you have posted is pretty good so I shall wish you luck and hope that you get there :)

I think the suggestion of DeviantArt, as already mentioned, is probably a good one as you can use their system to sell images and subscriptions as well as open yourself for commisions. You'd likely also get more views there from people who enjoy consuming but do not produce themselves which is probably helpful when looking for paid work.

I think you should continue posting to the gallery here tho - and also perhaps start up your own thread in the Art Studio forum? That is kind of a way for people to follow you (by starring the thread) and get notifications of new images you post.

Ok, that's very helpful. But yeah, I wasn't going to stop posting here. More just trying to figure out the gallery and how to get more likes. And the likes help me determine if I think I'm ready to start trying to make money with it. I'll have to take a look, and see how to properly go about posting in the forums too. I figured you can only post your work in the gallery. Hence, the reason for having a gallery separate from the forums. Thats awesome thank you.

Don't forget to include the link to your gallery in your post signature so it's always right there for people.

• Brian&AliciaBrian&Alicia Posts: 90
    edited August 5

Don't forget to include the link to your gallery in your post signature so it's always right there for people.

Not trying to sound ignorant. But, what is a post signature? And would you mind aiding me, by telling me where to go to change that? NVM I figured it out. Lol ty
    edited August 5

I meant profile signature. Looks like you got it. One helpful hint, to have a link look like "My Gallery" and be a URL behind it, write the words first, highlight them, click on the URL link icon, then use the resulting box to create the link.

Hope this helps.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,868

Since daz added the AI gallery, I have noticed the likes and comments become less than they were before.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,143

Brian&Alicia said:

I figured you can only post your work in the gallery. Hence, the reason for having a gallery separate from the forums. Thats awesome thank you.

You can attach pictures to a message (under the box where you're writing a message, there is Attach a file) but as long as your pictures are in the gallery, you can get the link for the picture from the gallery and insert it in your message. And if you want to offer people the possibility to give you a like, it's best to also have a link to this picture gallery page.

One trick to know: if your picture is larger than 800 pixels, you need to set its width at 800 to force the forum to keep the correct ratio.

An example with your most recent render (it's in portrait mode, but 'hopefully', the problem should still be visible), first without the width set at 800:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5628856610324480#gallery=newest&page=1&sort=trending&image=1346089

The with the width set at 800:

width.jpg
    476 x 529 - 45K
  • Elor said:

Brian&Alicia said:

I figured you can only post your work in the gallery. Hence, the reason for having a gallery separate from the forums. Thats awesome thank you.

You can attach pictures to a message (under the box where you're writing a message, there is Attach a file) but as long as your pictures are in the gallery, you can get the link for the picture from the gallery and insert it in your message. And if you want to offer people the possibility to give you a like, it's best to also have a link to this picture gallery page.

One trick to know: if your picture is larger than 800 pixels, you need to set its width at 800 to force the forum to keep the correct ratio.

An example with your most recent render (it's in portrait mode, but 'hopefully', the problem should still be visible), first without the width set at 800:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5628856610324480#gallery=newest&page=1&sort=trending&image=1346089

The with the width set at 800:

ok, to make sure i understand this correctly. when posting my work in the forums, fishing for likes to feel good about myself and my work lol. i resize the image to 800 width to properly show the image. upload it as a seperate upload. so they can see the image? and the link to the image so the people can see the full size and like it right?  i don't need to upload to the gallery at 800 width right, just 800 for the forums specifically? sorry, i haven't been much of a peopley person. so forums have never been a thing for me really. so i don't know much on how forums work. so if being peopley is what i need to do to promote my work. i guess, i'll work on that! lol

• RawArt said:

Since daz added the AI gallery, I have noticed the likes and comments become less than they were before.

i feel that. AI is cool, i even use it myself from time to time. but thats more so i can try and re-create something simular using daz. without feeling like i'm stealing someone elses ideas. but i really only resort to that. when i'm feeling braindead, and still want to make art. lol but yeah, i most always click on traditional when borrowsing the gallery. i personally don't find the AI gallery a deterant, being i can seperate from traditional. but, if the AI gallery is the problem. everybody has their reasons i suppose, and it is what it is. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,143

The easiest way is to:

1. Upload your picture on the gallery
    2. Get the link of the picture from the gallery by right-clicking on it, then choosing something -- my browser langage is set to French -- like 'Open the picture in a new tab' then copy the link from the URL bar or directly getting it via 'Copy Picture link'
    3. Start writting a message in the forum
    4. Paste the link of the picture in the URL field then set the Width to 800:

5. Add a link to the picture gallery page (not the link of picture itself)

This way, you only have to upload one picture (in your gallery) and on top of having the correct ratio for your picture in your forum message, people clicking on it will enjoy it's full size. Then, they'll have to click on the gallery link to add a Like if they want.

I see you're a Platinum Club member: Daz is organizing a weekly contest (which require the use of one of the new Daz+ items released the same week among them the weekly freebie) and a monthly contest with a different theme each month, to give you a general direction (you can usually twist the theme like a pretzel so it's really just a general instruction).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited August 5

When you get the URL for your image paste it in the section that says "URL" and then go to the box that says "Width" and type in 800

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited August 5

Elor said:

The easiest way is to:

1. Upload your picture on the gallery
    2. Get the link of the picture from the gallery by right-clicking on it, then choosing something -- my browser langage is set to French -- like 'Open the picture in a new tab' then copy the link from the URL bar or directly getting it via 'Copy Picture link'
    3. Start writting a message in the forum
    4. Paste the link of the picture in the URL field then set the Width to 800:

5. Add a link to the picture gallery page (not the link of picture itself)

This way, you only have to upload one picture (in your gallery) and on top of having the correct ratio for your picture in your forum message, people clicking on it will enjoy it's full size. Then, they'll have to click on the gallery link to add a Like if they want.

I see you're a Platinum Club member: Daz is organizing a weekly contest (which require the use of one of the new Daz+ items released the same week among them the weekly freebie) and a monthly contest with a different theme each month, to give you a general direction (you can usually twist the theme like a pretzel so it's really just a general instruction).

LMAO, that hilarious. theme, can be twisted like a pretzel XD! so pretty opan as long as you use the product. i tried one contest a couple years ago. the proceedure to properly upload into the contest seemed a little vague for a noob to forums. i didn't win anything, and have no clue if i was even entering properly for my work to be eccepted or not. maybe once i learn what some of the forum lingo means exactly. i'll give contests another shot. 

and yeah, i'm platinum. how much money daz sucks out of my wife and i, we want as much as we can get for that money lol. we have dumped $1000's into something we don't make money with.  hoping to eventually... i hope i get good enough anyhow. really, i'd love to get in with some of the creators and maybe create some of their product pictures for them. if that's even a thing.

(Edited by mod to pull post from quote)

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited August 5

ok testing url Blind Devil-tion | Daz 3D

That is an amazing picture. Just WOW

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 753

Your stuff is beautiful! I'll give you lots of likes once I can get onto my PC and navigate easier. 

I agree with others, though... I'm sure there's a lot of incredible stuff on the Daz gallery, but I find it cumbersome and don't really go there. I do, however, often click people's personal gallery links when they're in their forum post signatures.

edited August 6

SilverGirl said:

Your stuff is beautiful! I'll give you lots of likes once I can get onto my PC and navigate easier. 

I agree with others, though... I'm sure there's a lot of incredible stuff on the Daz gallery, but I find it cumbersome and don't really go there. I do, however, often click people's personal gallery links when they're in their forum post signatures.

ty, i just today learned how to add a forum signiture lol.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited August 6

@Elor

How do you get the URL in that format: 

My url has a lot more stuff in it and doesn't work at all:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5343505408851968#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1346125

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Like this?

Then right-click image and select image web-adress (or similar)