Full SubDragon in DS4.5?

cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I own the full SubDragon. However, now I've upgraded to 4.5, I see the dragon has been replaced with a .duf file and no-longer invokes the PowerLoarder when added to a scene. Further, all the extra morphs from the full dragon are missing when it is loaded. And when I go and try and inject the morphs from the Runtime/Pose/DAZ Dragons directory, I get messages about the injection morph files can't be located. And trying to re-run the EXP creation doesn't work, since it seems that DZCreateExPFiles.exe no-longer exists in DS4.5.

If I reset the SubDragon downloads, will I get a new installer for the DS4.5 world order? Or is full SubDragon just borked right now and we're stuck with the LE model?

Thanks

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you loading the SMART Content Sub Dragon? That is the free version, your Full version without Metadata to make it Smart should still be in the Content Library > My Library if you installed it into DS4. Older content does not show in the Smart Content tab, they do not have The Metadata file that makes it work as a Smart item.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

I found I needed to reinstall the full SubDragon after installing DS 4.5 -- the uninstall of the default content removed the files it shares with the LE version.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

The SubD should still work, the problem is that only the DUF version shows up in "Smart Content", the main dragon doesn't have metadata, so you need to load it from the Content Library tab instead, you will also have to remove the Powerloader DSB file as for some reason it will only load the DUF version, we had someone with that problem the other week, removing the DSB so they could load the CR2 directly was the solution that worked.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, I can see that. I guess mine works because the FULL version is installed in my DS3A content folder and not my My Library folder. I should have thought of that before giving advice.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited September 2012

Thanks, between re-installing and then moving the .dsb file out of the way so DAZ doesn't see it, I am able to load the full SubDragon again via its CR2 file.

I can confirm that when the .dsb file is still found by Studio, the PowerLoader fails to load the SubDragon.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Thanks, between re-installing and then moving the .dsb file out of the way so DAZ doesn't see it, I am able to load the full SubDragon again via its CR2 file.

I can confirm that when the .dsb file is still found by Studio, the PowerLoader fails to load the SubDragon.

Hmm, my DS computer is under repair just now, does Powerloader work for V4 or M4?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Yes, PowerLoader works for V4 and A4 (I don't use M4, so haven't tried, but I assume it would since it does for V4 and A4). But then V4 and related were not changed by the 4.5 installer, whereas SubDragon LE is included in the Studio Essentials and got changed into a .duf and is somehow interfering when PowerLoader tries to load the full SubDragon. (I think the error was something to the effect of "product not found", but I'm not able to load it up and test right now.)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Mike i get the feeling it's a metadata thing, Powerloader is taking it's cue from it rather than from the script & CR2, but I can't test that theory as the powerloader plugin is one of the first things I delete on installing a new build of DS.