props/environments fail to load

hi, i haven't used daz3d for some months and all newly added props/environments now fail to load, i get the same error message about textures not being found (while they are indeed in the folder they're supposed to be). i haven't changed anything, file locations are all the same as before. all previous props/environments load just fine, so i can't figure out what went wrong, maybe windows update screwed something lol

error.PNG
1384 x 1158 - 354K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

And it can't find the geometry files.

Have you moved your content libraries?

And if not what is the path to your Daz content libraries (assuming it is a Daz product).

Also if you look in the log (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File what is then the full log text (just for one product as example) or attach the log to a new message.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015
    edited August 6

What is the (complete) path to your Content Library?

Edit: I can think of two reasons;
    1. If your Content Library is on C-drive, OneDrive has highjacked it
    2. If your Content library is not on C-drive, the drive letter has changed (Possible if you have not assigned it in Computer Management->Disk Management)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • atasivatasiv Posts: 3

i haven't moved content libraries, everything's the same as it was before

i've attached log for one product, and full path is for it is C:\Users\username\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Content\Environments\Architecture\Digitallab3d\Royal Palace

txt
    txt
    palace log.txt

Your log is basically a long list that it couldn't find the geometry nor the textures.

How are you installing?

What does your content libraries look like in DS. Go to Edit > Preferences > Content > Content Directory Manager expand Daz Studio Formats and take a screenshot.

manually, unziping the files and adding to content folder

content directory manager.PNG
    836 x 572 - 111K

One of the files it couldn't find is 

/data/Digitallab3D/Royal Palace/Carpet/Carpet_Extra.dsf

I think I know what your problem is. The "Content"  part from your zip shall be excluded. It is to signal your library. So in essence you shall only copy the part after content.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,781
    edited August 6

atasiv said:

i haven't moved content libraries, everything's the same as it was before

i've attached log for one product, and full path is for it is C:\Users\username\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Content\Environments\Architecture\Digitallab3d\Royal Palace

Content\ shouldn't be there normally. It won't matter for the user-facing files but it will matter if your runtime folder is inside of it.

Can you confirm that C:\Users\Gintare\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\runtime\ and C:\Users\Gintare\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\ are the folders that contains all the files Daz is looking for?

Post edited by SofaCitizen on

i moved everything from Content\ to their respective folders and it worked! thanks everyone for your help, appreciate it <3