delete after install must be moved elsewhere

The stupid little box is currently located right next to the start and clear buttons. 
Moving it to the opposite side of the same row would make it a very deliberate action to turn in on and having it turn RED would be good, also. 
Or perhaps, just move that entire option into the settings menu. 
---
And apparently I missed that it got bumped 4 months ago so all the download installs since last april are gone. 
---
Since I'm on a limit of bandwidth per month this will be a pita. 
But the big question is 
>>>> how do I force DIM to redownload the packages that are now missing? 
Out side of doing them one at a time? 
I only caught it because I decided to move one of the new ones so uninstalled it and then it didn't appear in the ready to install tab but in the download tab. 
And as a major stupid I didn't catch the issue right away and downloaded it which of course wiped out recovery of most of the others because it (naturally was the biggest one 600 mb) and it overwrote most of the other deleted files so they were unrecoverable and then the ones from the past three months are long gone.
---
So any easy way to get Dim to get them downloaded without uninstalling the 100 or so products?
--
Why is the deleting state indicated by a "green" mark instead of a "red" mark?
And of course this is all more complicated because if you use a large monitor to see more of the product icons ... the text gets smaller. 

location of delete button.jpg
2367 x 326 - 160K
location of delete button copy.jpg
2367 x 326 - 303K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

You could temporarily rename the Manifests folder (Stick an X in front of the name) and start DIM - it will think nothing is installed (so skip the dialogue asking if you want to install the applications) and anything you haven't downloaded will be in Ready To Download. Once done, close DIM and restore the name of the Manifests folder.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You could temporarily rename the Manifests folder (Stick an X in front of the name) and start DIM - it will think nothing is installed (so skip the dialogue asking if you want to install the applications) and anything you haven't downloaded will be in Ready To Download. Once done, close DIM and restore the name of the Manifests folder.

thank you very much...
    I hope there are not many more of the 15k or so of products zips missing
    ... I suppose it will depend on how many of the 15k files it thinks are gone? 
     Because I do keep an eye on the download folder ... I know I'm theoretically only missing products from june 14 through aug 4

• alan bard newcomer said:

Richard Haseltine said:

thank you very much...
    I hope there are not many more of the 15k or so of products zips missing
    ... I suppose it will depend on how many of the 15k files it thinks are gone? 
     Because I do keep an eye on the download folder ... I know I'm theoretically only missing products from june 14 through aug 4

Once again thank you for the help Richard. 
    Ended up taking a bit of time because other than the lost ones for the previous month it came up with a download list of 1500 plus items totatling 200G 
    Daunting as my base net connection is 100g per month. 
    Fortunately, I also have a temporary loaner hot spot from my library which is unlimited. 
    I did eliminate all the poser cf etc and got it down to 1200 to download. 
    Many stops and starts with Dim "losing it's connection to Daz" and during one of it's many restarts it reset the "install after download" but I saw that before it went anywhere. 
    But yes apparently under certain conditions Dim can reset both the install and delete parameters after a restart. 
    ---
    Just in passing, enquiring minds attached to 78 year people whose genetic past suggests at least another 10 to 15 years, hope you can tell us that you are a brilliant, knowledgable 40 year old or such or that you have another incredible person in their 20s as a backup? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,952
    Cats have 9 lives, they say. I hope Richard is on his first.
  • barbult said:

Cats have 9 lives, they say. I hope Richard is on his first.

[LIKE] handmade button