Need help creating an Akita breed for Daz dog 8

Hello, I'm kinda new at this and never created a character much less a dog with all the fur...

After establishing my null skills, I wish to create an Akita (like the one on the movie Hachiko) since I can't find one neither here or other sites :S but need some guide and help on how to go about it. I have basic skills on blender, Zbrush and have a POP scanner (I made models for a special project to add to my renders).

Mostly the problem is the specific type and shape of the fur and colors usually found on the breed and their characteristic face and paws (this last more cat like than dog)

thanks for your time and help

Comments

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 488

Do you want the fluffyness to come from the dforce fur on the model or from a morph on the model?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

I'm a Blender user so my suggestion is mostly related to Blender ~~ (probably the quickest way...)

As for the shape, an Akita is similar to a Husky, so you can easily sculpt the shape accordingly if you own a Husky for Dog 8 (also doable based on a Dog 8 Base...) in Blender (as per the metrics if needed...). Then create or udpate as an Akita morph as well as the fur morph as needed.

As for the texture, you can then export Akita figure to Blender and paint the color and texture according to a typical ginger + white Akita, especially on the material zone of "Coat", and bake the texture maps. No need to touch UV !  Personally recommend this free but pretty good add-on for texture painting https://github.com/ucupumar/ucupaint/releases

Since the dForce Furs on a Husky for Dog 8 are generated on Target Surfaces, so the painted Akita textures can be well used on both Akita's figure as well as the fur figures. Then you tweak the surface settings on Akita's surfaces to have more realistic and natural lookings, as well as the surfaces on Furs, e.g. increase density, length, etc. to make them more fluffy ~~ yada yada.

Alternatively, you can make specific strand-based furs by using SBH Editor in DS... only that'll take more time and you have no way to add dForce capability...

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 488
    edited August 7

Here's my try at Akita Inu without any bought products;

The head is the only part I'd bough husky for.

Akita sliders.png
    1801 x 735 - 275K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

You need to look up drawings, with the all the measurements in metric or imperial, of "Akita Official Kennel Club" allowed size ranges and shape variations. Add fur variations. You need drawing both with and without fur. I'd do the fur 100% as dForce hair and ot as a sculpt morph shape on the base G8 Dog.