How to make bones go limp

I want a figures arm to dangle of the side of a table.....

I need it to swing around slightly acording to whats happening to the figure on the table....

Picture a wolverine eating a dead person laying in the wilderness with an arm hanging off a rock.

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,750
    edited August 7

You are describing ragdoll physics.  Not sure that its available for this market.

but limbstick is sortoff like it and emulate certain movements. depends.

https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-+-8

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,821
    edited August 8

Ragdoll physics is possible in game engines such as Unity and UE5 perhaps try one of the FREE daz bridges

or if you have access to Poser 12 or higher
    there is this FREE ragdoll python plugin that can export the motion back to daz studio
    https://bitbucket.org/PhysicalcSoftware/poserphysics/src/master/

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531

Failing all that - you could polish your posing ability. True 'floppy' looks are hard to both imagine & implement, but can be done.

Regards,

Richard

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,966

Well, as you get older, unfortunately, it just sort of happens...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,724

In a VR game I play that uses lifesize DAZ figures, there is a button that makes all bones limp. It is freaky to see a lifesize DAZ figure just collapse in from of you.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531

Thought there was an MCJ freebie script,but I can't find it if there is. Really thought there was.

Regards,

Richard

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,797

I usually boil them in vegetable oil with a dash of salt. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941

richardandtracy said:

Thought there was an MCJ freebie script,but I can't find it if there is. Really thought there was.

Regards,

Richard

You may be thinking of the old "Poser Physics" addon, which did rag doll sims among other things, but unfortunately isn't compatible with the newer versions of Poser, let alone DAZ Studio or any of the newer DAZ figures.