G8F anatomical element seamless textures?

mmoch25mmoch25 Posts: 128
edited August 9 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a script available to create the genital textures that blend seamlessly with the torso using the default UVs? I've seen something on sale over at Renderotica for G8M genitals, but nothing for G8 females. I know there are genital grafts for sale at these other sites, but I'm after something for the default genitals.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

If you had a mapping that made the edges of the graft match the underlying mesh then it might be possible to use that on the graft and a shell using the default UVs on top of that, with a mask to belnd the edges. Unfortunately in DS the UV set is a surface setting not a map setting so you can't directly blend on the surface.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,015

NGV8 (New Genitalia) at renderotica makes the matching textures on the fly

• mmoch25mmoch25 Posts: 128

PerttiA said:

NGV8 (New Genitalia) at renderotica makes the matching textures on the fly

Yeah I have that, I was looking for something for the standard genitalia. 

Richard Haseltine said:

If you had a mapping that made the edges of the graft match the underlying mesh then it might be possible to use that on the graft and a shell using the default UVs on top of that, with a mask to belnd the edges. Unfortunately in DS the UV set is a surface setting not a map setting so you can't directly blend on the surface.

How are they made by the PA's?  I'm not worried about not blending in Daz, I can copy and paste existing textures in Photoshop, it's getting the texture to match the torso at the seams which is the problem.

The program over on Renderotica is called "Texture Exchanger For G8M".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

I expect it varies, but many PAs will use tools like Substance Painter, Mudbox, 3D Coat etc. that allow painting directly onto the model - though even then, I think it can be tricky. Another option is to do the base mesh, then have a version of the graft mapped to take the main body maps around the edges (much as I suggested above), apply the base maps, then bake to the standard UVs and paint in the inner areas using whatever tools are usually used by that artist.

Richard Haseltine said:

I expect it varies, but many PAs will use tools like Substance Painter, Mudbox, 3D Coat etc. that allow painting directly onto the model - though even then, I think it can be tricky. Another option is to do the base mesh, then have a version of the graft mapped to take the main body maps around the edges (much as I suggested above), apply the base maps, then bake to the standard UVs and paint in the inner areas using whatever tools are usually used by that artist.

Thanks for your help, it all seems a bit above my novice level, a pity it wasn't better supported by DAZ themselves. 

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 555
    There is a freebie available, that changes the UV maps https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/77478/gentorso-uv-for-g8f

markusmatern said:

There is a freebie available, that changes the UV maps https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/77478/gentorso-uv-for-g8f

Thanks, but it's more or less the same as the Krashwerks UV. The issue with these two is the textures of the details, while they look good when applied to a torso without the genital graft, but applied to the graft, the details looks like layers of coloured dirt, like a cliff face, in the way the colours go across the details, example below.

So far this is the best option, it's just harder to get textures right because the element of the torso is so small.

sea-cliff-showing-rock-strata-layers-together-with-tidemarks-BK4BMJ.jpg
    1300 x 960 - 241K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205
    edited August 10

I don't think I can follow your argumentation.

Below are 3 images:

Victoria 8, out of the box

Image removed

Victoria 8 with genitals and gen texture

Image removed

Victoria 8 with genitals and torso texture (modified UV)

Image removed

I would not say there is much difference.

If you look at the more intime parts, there might be differences, as the torso texture don't relate to those, but these could not be generated by a script. Because where would you get the input to be able to create a texture?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

felis said:

I don't think I can follow your argumentation.

Below are 3 images:

Victoria 8, out of the box

Image removed

Victoria 8 with genitals and gen texture

Image removed

Victoria 8 with genitals and torso texture (modified UV)

Image removed

I would not say there is much difference.

If you look at the more intime parts, there might be differences, as the torso texture don't relate to those, but these could not be generated by a script. Because where would you get the input to be able to create a texture?

It's too hard to explain without being able to show the appropriate images. I think I understand your examples, even if the images were removed. It depends on how the genitals are painted on the torso texture map, the more detailed they are, or the greater the colour variation there is the worse it looks using the modified UV. A crude example below. If I could show you actual screen shots it would make sense.

But a bit of messing around in photoshop, and I can get acceptable results.

The only thing the script does is it creates the edge which matches perfectly with the torso, it samples the specific area of the torso texture, the rest will have to be added in photoshop. That's all the "Texture Exchanger For G8M" does, it creates a seamless edge of all the used textures, diffuse, normal, bump and specular. It's then up to you to find a genital texture of similar tone and using the provided mask you copy and paste and adjust the elements until you have a finished texture.

sample.jpg
    393 x 684 - 36K