4.22 crashing on opening in Mac Sonoma

I've Googled this and still haven't found an answer. I upgraded to a Mac Studio running Sonoma. When it's launched and each time I open a project - it crashes. Every time. I use a batch renderer and after it completes the first image, it crashes when loading the next. Is there an update anywhere?

thank you,

kurt

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,474

Is your browser open? Does closing it help?

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

Are you running in a standard or admin account. if standard create an admin account and test from that account

does it crash as you open the project? Is the project on external media

does it crash regardless of what preview mode you're in when the the project is about to show on the monitor (e.g. Wire frame, Textured, Iray)? Have you tried to change the preview mode before you load the project?

have you deleted or deactivated the prefs files? There should be two or three folders outside the Daz application with prefs files that begin with "Daz". or "Studio." or the like and end with the prefix ".prefs" they are [from memory, because I'm on a PC at the moment]

~Library/preferences
    ~Library/startup items
    the ~Library folder is hidden by default but can be accessed GO>GO TO FOLDER/ then type ~Library.
    Exercise caution when in this folder when you are throwing things out,I suggest creating a folder something to the effect "from "Hidden Library Prefs" on the desktop, drag the files into that, then delete the files from the location you dragged them from. More than likely you wont have to use them but it's not a smart idea to tell everyone throw stuff away and the hell with it.

Users/[home user](Yes, the thing with the house)]Library/Preferences (or Application Preferences]
    Do the same above as the ~Library steps
    This second folder is not hidden

Worst case is I would do these steps, create a new admin account and uninstall studio, reboot reinstall studio in the admin account, reboot, log into that account and see if the behavior continues.

• Thank you for responding! My browser is not open.

I'm running using an Admin account

Project is on local SSD.

Crash occurs ALWAYS when opening an existing project as Daz is already open. I can open a project after launching, work on it and save. It's when I open another project as it's open, is when it crashes.

I'll save it in a different preview mode and try that later.