A List of Artists from Renderosity?

MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 269

Does anyone have a list of the artists who have joined Daz from Renderosity? Or is there a way to search for them? I'm sure they've brought lots of great new content but I'd rather not have to trawl the whole site to find it.

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,184

You know, a lot of the "new" content is actually older content from Rendo, some of it back to v4 days, and some of it requiring items that still only exist on Rendo. Also some of the "new" vendors have been here all along. Finally, the bulk of vendors who came over here still have stores on Rendo. So, it's an interesting situation. 

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 269

Torquinox said:

You know, a lot of the "new" content is actually older content from Rendo, some of it back to v4 days, and some of it requiring items that still only exist on Rendo. Also some of the "new" vendors have been here all along. Finally, the bulk of vendors who came over here still have stores on Rendo. So, it's an interesting situation. 

Yep, it certainly is. The old stuff is what I'm interested in as I still use M4 and V4 but I really don't want to go through lots of stuff I decided not to buy long ago to check out any 'new' stuff that I might want. Ho hum, I guess I might have to.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,403

Looking at my mail archives, we had "Daz welcomes" newsletters for the following artists:

• Fabiana
    • Lilflame
    • Wolfie
    • Anagord
    • Valkyrie
    • Sveva
    • Lully 
    • Tempesta3D and JaMaRe 
    • Powerage and Color Galeria
    • Chris Cox and Devianttuna13 
    • Vicey3D and Sabby 
    • Kaleya and PAMAWO 
    • 3-D Arena and Propschick 
    • Luna3D and Vyktohria 
    • 3DLoki and Ennushka 
    • MightyMite
    • Dzheng
    • VanishingPoint
    • Dieggo Masamune and Jay Versluis 
    • Kelambi3D and Gendragon3D 
    • Cybertenko

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531
    What I found interesting was receiving an email on 8 August from Rendo welcoming PaMaWo back. Leaves you wondering what's going on, really. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

What I found interesting was receiving an email on 8 August from Rendo welcoming PaMaWo back. Leaves you wondering what's going on, really. Regards, Richard.

They still have products here, and I can certainly imagine Daz might have had reservations about carrying that new release in particular. There is nothing to say that people being welcomed were going to be exclusives, and quite a few of them have continued to release stuff at Renderosity too.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,531

I know, but it was the 'WELCOME BACK Pamawo' title that I thought was particularly interesting (direct copy from the e-mail - just missing the Georgia 29.5 font style & size). Pamawo had never completely emptied their store (same as Lilflame & Sveva), so it feels like it may have more significance than, say, the total lack of Rendo fuss from the Sveva new item that happened on 6 August, just 2 days before.

Regards,

Richard

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,184

richardandtracy said:

It's all just marketing. I think that "welcome back" was just Rendo saying "Thanks for releasing a new product here."

The key to all this welcoming is, it just means these vendors are not exclusive to either site. I don't think anyone who "came over" and got welcomed here actually closed a store, and some of the "welcomes" were sort of comical as they were for vendors who have been both places forever.

Seems like getting the welcome here just meant moving some products from one site to another (except for PamaWo, who actually remade some products for G9), and sometimes with unexpected weirdness. "Here, buy this old texture pack for an old outfit you can only buy on Rendo." Yeah, that's ridiculous. Frankly, if I were deciding such things, I would have rejected such products. Those could really have stayed at Rendo! But maybe no one noticed and it is what it is.

• To be fair, Daz have been running a welcome marketing campaign for a while on vendors that still sell on Rendo. It feels somewhat natural that Rendo would run a counter campaign to highlight that they're still in the game. Changing the narrative, as it were.

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 269

Leana said:

Looking at my mail archives, we had "Daz welcomes" newsletters for the following artists:

• Fabiana
    • Lilflame
    • Wolfie
    • Anagord
    • Valkyrie
    • Sveva
    • Lully 
    • Tempesta3D and JaMaRe 
    • Powerage and Color Galeria
    • Chris Cox and Devianttuna13 
    • Vicey3D and Sabby 
    • Kaleya and PAMAWO 
    • 3-D Arena and Propschick 
    • Luna3D and Vyktohria 
    • 3DLoki and Ennushka 
    • MightyMite
    • Dzheng
    • VanishingPoint
    • Dieggo Masamune and Jay Versluis 
    • Kelambi3D and Gendragon3D 
    • Cybertenko

Thank you so much for thi, it gives me somewhere to start.