Where exactly are the lips on Genesis 8.1?

GatorGator Posts: 1,294

UGH.

I have one Genesis 8.1 figure that I'm trying to use but the differences are killing me.  Lips are just a little bit different all the makeups I have are too big.  I downloaded the UV from the Essentials set, but it doesn't help.  The UV lines are there, but doesn't tell me what area is the face, and what is the lips.  Anyone know???

Genesis-8.1-Female-Base-8.1-Female-1001.jpg
4096 x 4096 - 6M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

The image your are showing is with a subdivided mesh.

Base resolution is like the attached.

Lips don't have a sharp edge. It is a blurry line.

For defining where you want the makeup, try to look at the screenshot of base G8F

G8F_UV1_Face.png
    4096 x 4096 - 3M
    G8F_Lipsgrid.PNG
    644 x 476 - 542K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,205

Abd to add, I would say that the red area is the prime part of the lips.

G8F_Lips_area.png
    4096 x 4096 - 2M
  • GatorGator Posts: 1,294

felis said:

The image your are showing is with a subdivided mesh.

Base resolution is like the attached.

Lips don't have a sharp edge. It is a blurry line.

For defining where you want the makeup, try to look at the screenshot of base G8F

Thanks felis.  The image is actually the template I downloaded from the Essentials pack.  I have no idea why they would have it subdivided.  laugh

It's actually 8.1, but apparently it's just the model and possibly morphs adding to the issue - Victoria 8.1 skin on Kiko 8.1, with some morphs for the head and nose (mosly Aiko).  The lips on the map are a bit small.

And I agree on the line.  That's why I like a product from outoftouch for lips, it's old and sold at the other popular store.  The lipstick files are all PNGs with transparency so that I can edit them in Photoshop.

I think I was just up too late, a lightbulb went off this morning to look at the normal map.  smiley

I went in and edited the normal map to align up with the lips and it's much better.