Hello, am very new to Daz studio. I know absolutely nothing, what does this bar mean?

It's on the bottom right, and it only showed up rigth after I opened Daz. I've had daz studio lying around my PC before this, but just never used it. Is there a certain name for the bar? I don't know what it's counting and stuff.

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,406

no idea

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 602

saffowo said:

It's on the bottom right, and it only showed up rigth after I opened Daz. I've had daz studio lying around my PC before this, but just never used it. Is there a certain name for the bar? I don't know what it's counting and stuff.

Based on the color of the bar and its location, it appears to be the progress bar that Daz Studio displays as the viewport is shifting into Iray preview mode.  If you close Daz Studio with the viewport in Iray mode, when you next launch Daz Studio, it automatically attempts to put the viewport in Iray mode.  For an empty scene, the bar should progress and finish very rapidly.  If you launch a more complexly loaded scene, it will take a while that is dependent on the scene’s contents and your system resources. 

• saffsaff Posts: 0

jjoyner said:

saffowo said:

Based on the color of the bar and its location, it appears to be the progress bar that Daz Studio displays as the viewport is shifting into Iray preview mode.  If you close Daz Studio with the viewport in Iray mode, when you next launch Daz Studio, it automatically attempts to put the viewport in Iray mode.  For an empty scene, the bar should progress and finish very rapidly.  If you launch a more complexly loaded scene, it will take a while that is dependent on the scene’s contents and your system resources. 

Ah! Thanks a lot. This helps. I am still trying to get the hang of Daz 3D's UI and forum posts, I genuinely don't know what I'm doing or how to reply to your comment but, I think I searched up a tutorial for it so I know where to find my threads and posts now. (I'm not entirely sure if I replied to your comment) Thanks a lot, have a good day :D