Easy way to select all RFNs and turn off visibility before running simulation

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right category but I have got a question:

I am working on some garments and wondered if there is a simple and short way to select all rigid follow nodes (buttons for example) and turn off visibility before running the simulation.

Without sounding too bold or blunt: Ideally a free script that can be attached to the product or a link as a hint for the buyer.smiley

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

You could select the garment in the scene tab, and then select children, and then set simulation visibility to Off.

That should select all RFN and attached items.

• KarenKaren Posts: 85
    edited August 11

Unfortunately that selects all bones and handles and also the garment itself. To select then the intended objects in Parameter Tab would be tedious.

I have a more elegant way in mind: A Script that selects rfns and their children, and then hides them. So far I only found a Script that can select a Figure and it's Children and then hides all.

If it was only for a small amount of dynamic add ons, but I am talking about twenty buttons and up blush

Post edited by Karen on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

I don't think you need to turn off Visible in Simulation on RFN(s) or binded buttons... if the vendor (or you) had them correctly set up for dForce simulation.

While the mesh of garment is draping, RNFs will follow... and the RNFS and buttons per se are with no dForce modifier so they may just participate in colliding with the garment mesh. So no matter you turn on / of visibility in sim, they'll follow the draping of garment mesh...

• My Selection Tools has a script that will select by label, though since that dime and distant day DS does have filtering by label in the Scene pane. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rsuayzjiaxdl1q9ol6han/RHSelectionTools.zip?rlkey=cvbvpimsuhjl2j8yw29df69ti&dl=0

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Karen said:

Unfortunately that selects all bones and handles and also the garment itself. To select then the intended objects in Parameter Tab would be tedious.

I have a more elegant way in mind: A Script that selects rfns and their children, and then hides them. So far I only found a Script that can select a Figure and it's Children and then hides all.

If it was only for a small amount of dynamic add ons, but I am talking about twenty buttons and up blush

Expand all, multi-select them and change the params...with Consolidate Properties turned on.... Even if you Ctrl + Select, it shouldn't be tedious.

SNAG-2024-8-11-008.png
    518 x 1294 - 141K

It's a slit skirt with buttons (closed) on the upper part and buttons (open) on the bottom part. The lower buttons tend to poke slightly through the overlapping cloth when the skirt is draped, but if I hide them before I let run the simulation, that's not the case.

Thank you Richard smiley I will try your scripts.

Otherwise I will recommend to load the skirt, drape it and then load the buttons afterwards.

Hi, Richard,

it seems to work just fine smiley. If I can't find a way to save the visibility off/on as a preset for the buttons, may I recommend your script to the user?

• Sure, I put them up as a Christmas freebie many years ago, but they are probably less useful than they were as DS has gained new features.