GoZ not working when trying to send models back from Zbrush 2021.6.2

When I hit GoZ in Zbrush Daz just blinks for a second and then nothing happens.

I also tried just exporting an .obj file. Even with out editing it all when I try to reimport the same .obj file it gives me the  error  

Warning Geometry did not match. Failed to create morph.

There's gotta be a way arround this. It used to work fine before though it was some years ago when I tried this last.

Comments

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 120

The Morph Loader only works with the base mesh of the figure. You are probably exporting a high resolution figure. Enable the "Ignore Invisible Nodes" option when exporting if you have hidden all other objects in the scene. When exporting there should not be any other objects besides the main one, otherwise the total number of vertices will change and the Morph Loader will refuse to work with the wrong number of vertices. In this case, you get the message "Warning: Geometry did not match, failed to create morph" , and in the Log file you can see the ratio of required and available vertices.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited August 12

- First of all, if you use both DS General Release and Public Build, do not open them both otherwise there'll be conflict when using GoZ
    - So... you could send figure / prop to ZB in DS by clicking "Send to ZBrush" but could not send it back from ZB to DS, correct ? If so, you may try:
      1) Close DS/ZB, Go to ZB application folder, there's a sub-folders "Troubleshoot Help", reinstall "GoZ_for_ZBrush_Installer_WIN.exe"

2) Launch ZB, Preferences > GoZ > Clear cache files, then Force reinstall.
      3) Retry GoZ.
    - As for "geometry did not match" issue, before exporting figure to OBJ file, select the figure in DS, Parameters pane, set Resolution Level to Base... because users are not able to import OBJ with High Res. as morphs with Morph Loader Pro.
    - When exporting to OBJ, use the options in screenshot 3.

SNAG-2024-8-12-016.png
    808 x 1261 - 77K
    SNAG-2024-8-12-017.png
    544 x 919 - 28K
    SNAG-2024-8-12-018.png
    527 x 552 - 51K
    Post edited by crosswind on