Would someone PLEASE make G9 a police uniform?

DamselDamsel Posts: 382
edited August 12 in The Commons

I desperately need a real police uniform for G9. And yes, I did conversion on the one for G8 female, but it does weird stuff when I put it on a guy. I tinkered with it for hours.

Not happy with the g3 conversion either. I need something realisitc I can use on a book cover, not cosplay fantasy wear. Along with the police duty belt. There was a good SWAT uniform, but none of my people are SWAT.

Post edited by Damsel on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

There is different unifoms, dependant on what part of the world.

Is it somehting like this?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,276
    edited August 12

Which police uniform product are you converting and tinkering ? 

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-police-officer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females ?
    https://www.daz3d.com/fg-police-woman-outfit-for-genesis-8-females ?
    https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-police-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s ?
    ... or sth. else ?

If you name the product, we may probably help with the conversion 1st of all ~~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DamselDamsel Posts: 382

Thanks, folks:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-police-officer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

is the uniform I tried to convert. I have the G3 uniform similar to the one in Felis's image. I also have the Sheriff's uniform Nonsuch discusses, but I was specifically looking for police blues. 

I did this conversion, but I ended up having to do a lot of Photoshop on it to get it looking okay. The collar is twisted, and the tie doesn't lie well. I had to take the badge from another figure and parent by hand. It was generally a hassle.

We tend to see a lot of the same outfits in the store, but police uniforms would be the kind of product that would sell well for those making comics, etc.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,870

This may not solve your issue, but may I suggest avoiding rotating the character's neck bones when a collar with tie is involved? Turn the head only. Replace the tie with one for G9. The most realistic Daz tie I've ever seen is on SPR Campus Suit (unfortunately, the suit is all one figure; so, you'll have to turn off Cutoff Opacity on the other surfaces to get the tie alone. But you could just Geometry Edit delete the hidden parts). Bon chance!

edited August 15

Damsel said:

Thanks, folks:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-police-officer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

is the uniform I tried to convert. I have the G3 uniform similar to the one in Felis's image. I also have the Sheriff's uniform Nonsuch discusses, but I was specifically looking for police blues. 

I did this conversion, but I ended up having to do a lot of Photoshop on it to get it looking okay. The collar is twisted, and the tie doesn't lie well. I had to take the badge from another figure and parent by hand. It was generally a hassle.

We tend to see a lot of the same outfits in the store, but police uniforms would be the kind of product that would sell well for those making comics, etc.

Yea, G8 > G9 conversion is not like G2/G3 > G8 conversion 'cause G9 has quite a different size as well as a "unique shape"... Auto-Fit-Only will just bring you distorted result. So there're some tricks for the case of G8 > G9 conversion ~~

If you know at least one modeling/sculpting software, like Blender or Hexagon, you can quickly make a perfect conversion and fit. Like this case you're manipulating, I would simply make a FixBase morph for it in Blender:

- Load the Police Uniform into the scene and export it  ( with Base Resolution ) + G9 Base ( or the Character you're using ) to an OBJ file.
    - Import OBJ into Blender. Drag it down, turn on Symmetry,then make it a good fit on G9 by using Draw and Grab brushes. It may just take a couple of minutes even for a newbie sculptor by using Blender. (ss 1)
    - Export Uniform to an OBJ file from Blender. AutoFit Uniform to G9 in DS. Import the above OBJ file to Uniform by using Morph Loader Pro as a FixBase morph. Dial it. (ss 2)
    - Make fix morph for Shoes in almost the same way ~~ Other wearables are just Smart Props, it's very easy to tweak them by moving and scaling.

In the above way, you won't get any distortion since the base is fixed. And all the existing morphs on Uniform work well on A-Pose or with Poses + dForce (ss 3)  Unfortunately the vendor didn't make any pJCM corrective morph on the uniform... otherwise we can also convert them to cbs for the Uniform on G9 ~~

Pls be noted, there's a defect in the Uniform, an unused vertex. You have to delete it by using Geometry Editor before using MLP otherwise you'll get geometry mismatch....

SNAG-2024-8-15-008.png
    2560 x 1392 - 647K
    SNAG-2024-8-15-009.png
    2560 x 1392 - 639K
    SNAG-2024-8-15-010.png
    2560 x 1392 - 990K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • DamselDamsel Posts: 382
    edited August 15

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I don't know Blender, unfortunately.

But I do have Mesh Grabber. I'll take a look at that.

I used Clothes Converter, rather than auto fit. I never use auto fit  

Post edited by Damsel on

Ah, if so, I guess you might've used RSSY Clothing Converter. That converter converts clothing by using some preset templates with optimized weights plus some generated morphs, so it works better than Auto-Fit in some cases but also brings wrong size as well as distortions in lots of cases. (ss 1)

I used to fix things with Mesh Grabber... but after I learned Blender, it brought me to a whole new world, yeah ~ I can get pretty high quality result by saving at least 80%+ time.

So, for the time being, if you go for fixing those distortion with Mesh Grabber, frankly speaking it'll be very cumbersome and time-consuming because Mesh Grabber has no capability of Symmetry, Mask, Smoothing, Marquee selection, etc. Especially in this case, it's very difficult to fix that distorted tie and tie clip with Mesh Grabber...

So you still have to start from the original G8 version Uniform for fixing.... but some tricks:

- Use a combo of Geometry Editor + Mesh Grabber, i.e. Select All or Marquee Select firstly with Geometry Editor, then go back to Mesh Grabber to translate (ss 2 ~ 4)  Geometry Editor has function of Symmetry, so you can select geometry symmetrically before using Mesh Grabber to drag.

- Better save the fix result in Mesh Grabber, just in case ... (ss 5)

After fixing is done,  export to OBJ and update the uniform in the same way as shown in my previous post. Good luck !

SNAG-2024-8-16-005.png
    2560 x 1392 - 801K
    SNAG-2024-8-16-000.png
    2560 x 1392 - 737K
    SNAG-2024-8-16-001.png
    2560 x 1392 - 728K
    SNAG-2024-8-16-004.png
    2560 x 1392 - 534K
    SNAG-2024-8-16-009.png
    2560 x 1392 - 525K
  • windli3356windli3356 Posts: 230

The speedy option is to get the police uniform in OBJ or FBX from artstation and import/convert them to Gen9.  But redo texture and material can be a pain, 

Here's a male version i converted to female version with 30 mins of work, far from perfect but better than no options, artstation has pretty much everything from your imagination.  

!!!.jpg
    620 x 1424 - 186K