Is it worth it to buy a model to convert to sims 4 ?

Hi! Im new to 3d modelling and so far ive only converted pre existing meshes to the sims 4 and done minor mesh edits.

I found a clothing item on here that i would like to convert to the game, although the liscensing part confuses me a bit. Can I just buy the model once since I'm not going to be making any money off of it, and if i share im going to be sharing the conversion for free with credits? 

Thanks <3

(also sorry if this question has ben asked before, the search function wasnt working for me)

Comments

• Free or not, Interactive Licenses are required for 3D game creation, and the Interatctive Licenses doesn't cover sharing (or selling) conversions - it is for use in a game, not content creation. I'm afraid that what you want to do is not covered by any of the available options.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Free or not, Interactive Licenses are required for 3D game creation, and the Interatctive Licenses doesn't cover sharing (or selling) conversions - it is for use in a game, not content creation. I'm afraid that what you want to do is not covered by any of the available options.

So I can't just use it as a cosmetic item for my characters to wear  ? I understand, thanks for answering, guess ill start learning how to mesh 

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,229

There are lots of tutorials - on Youtube and in the DAZ store... for instance by vendors such as Dreamlight, and Esha. Many web pages contain .OBJ files that you can study - low cost or free. Some pages even let you model on the fly, eg. in your browser.

My own interest in Poser and DAZ began with "The Sims 4" - (Wikipedia English links) - ergo I was fascinated... how the were they doing this? sort of thing. I had heard of Poser before seeing "The Sims" in action, and that made me backtrack to try and investigate. Also after the apparent success of the movie version of Michael Chricton's book Jurassic Park, a furniture dealer here in my major center made a TV commercial with a relatively crude, animated T-Rex running through his store knocking down prices. That really caught my eye eg. lower budget, accessible models, wow!

My understanding is that current evolution of The Sims includes some sort of freemium variant.