How to properly reduce the number of fingers and toes in the Daz Dragon 3

Hello, I'm still new to Daz so I figured it would be appropriate for this to be posted here. Anyway, I recently purchased the Daz Dragon 3 and many of it's addons and saw both on an addon and on a forum post that it's possible to reduce it's numbers of fingers and toes, but I don't know how to do it without making it look like it lost a finger and/or a toe instead of making it look like it has naturalltly less fingers and toes. Does anyone have any tips or maybe even a tutorial that can help me?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Firstly, probably we better work on Dragon 3's Pinky finger(s).

1) Select Left Pinky joints, set Scale values to 0. Export Dragon3 to an OBJ file with Base Resolution. Reset Pinky joints Scale value to 100%. Import OBJ file into Blender or the modeling / sculpting software you use. (ss1)

2) Sculpt !  Using Draw + Smooth + Grab brushes will mostly do. Especially adjust the palm size (side) and ring finger's shape (ss2)

3) Export Dragon3 from Blender to an OBJ file. (ss3)

4) Import OBJ file in DS with Morph Loader Pro with the settings in (ss4). Dial the imported Morph, you'll get 4 fingers on its "both hands" (ss5)

Then make 4 toes in almost the same way.

SNAG-2024-8-14-001.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-8-14-002.png
    2560 x 1392 - 961K
    SNAG-2024-8-14-004.png
    2560 x 1392 - 846K
    SNAG-2024-8-14-005.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
    SNAG-2024-8-14-006.png
    2560 x 1392 - 1M
  • edited August 14
    Thanks a lot. I will try to follow these steps when I have time. But just a question, how about exporting it as an FBX instead of OBJ? I actually wanted to use this dragon in Blender. And will I be able to pose and apply morphs if I load it on Daz as an OBJ file?
    Post edited by catholicsoul19872000 on

If you don't bring it back to DS, yes you can export it to Blender with FBX format... but you better use latest DS Public Build 'cause there're a few bugs in FBX Exporter of DS General Release with which you won't get correct result...

Furthermore, I would recommend Diffeomorphic Daz Importer... if you want to manipulate Daz assets in Blender https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/689606/diffeomorphic-add-ons-version-4-2-0-released#latest

• Wait, I have changed my mind. I would like to use the morph on DAZ Studio to be able to apply the Dragon's various morphs to it's variant with less digits so... how do I get the Morph Loader Pro?

catholicsoul19872000 said:

Wait, I have changed my mind. I would like to use the morph on DAZ Studio to be able to apply the Dragon's various morphs to it's variant with less digits so... how do I get the Morph Loader Pro?

How to access to Morph Loader Pro ? In the screenshot down below ~~

SNAG-2024-8-20-068.png
    1023 x 1150 - 107K
  • Thanks
  • Wait, one more question: if I do that, will the various morphs still work on the Dragon?
    Wait, one more question: if I do that, will the various morphs still work on the Dragon?
    Of course.
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    edited August 22

Do you have any of the human Sci Fi or fantasy morph packages? If so, load it and watch as you move the slider from 0 to 100%. That will give you an idea of how to do it in blender if you're willing to go that route.

Post edited by pwiecek on