Q: Centaur Pose controls?

I guess I am missing something but other than for the tail I am not seeing any pose controls for the Genesis 8 Centaur body.

How does one make your own poses if your cannot even access parrameter options to bend or twist limbs or am I missing something.

Thanks for any advise;)

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277
    edited August 16

There're three basic pose control dials for the Tail, if you select the node Genesis 8 Centaur body. Also on the node Male Centaur Tail ~~

Can you see those properties ? 

~ Wrong understanding ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

The OP said OTHER than the tail, so they're already aware of those controls.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

There are no parameter dials for bend or twist in regards to the centaur limbs and no posing dials either.

I am trying to keyframe a walk cycle but unless I am missing something it is impossible as only the tail can be posed.

Is the Genesis Centaur 8 a character or just a prop?

Centaur8Parameters.jpg
    425 x 560 - 81K
    Centaur8Posing.jpg
    441 x 561 - 46K
  • Lack of Pose Controls doesn't mean that the individual bones can't be posed, and the figure itself always has just the basic rotations - you need to seelct the bones to get the appropriately named transforms.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,905

Richard Haseltine said:

Lack of Pose Controls doesn't mean that the individual bones can't be posed, and the figure itself always has just the basic rotations - you need to seelct the bones to get the appropriately named transforms.

Having spent a considerable amount of time posing centaurs, it's definitely doable. If one is ambitious enough, they could create a PowerPose template for the centaur body.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,277

Gordig said:

The OP said OTHER than the tail, so they're already aware of those controls.

Haha ~ right ! I silently re-opened my English book ~~cool

You mean there isnt even basic parameter controls, other than the tail.

• Pose Conrtols are additions, not basics (those are the transforms on the individual bones). But yes, it does seem to lack equivalents for the Pose Controls on human limbs.

Hmm, looking at the Centaur setup seperatly, when I load the Centaur body alone there are Bend and Twist  parameters but when I load the parented it to G8M Centaur there are no such dials and I have to animate using the bone rig.

I deleted and started from scratch and now have at least the basic Bend & Twist parameters on the Centaurs limbs, which is certainly more conveniant than using the rig to animate.

• Mouser said:

Hmm, looking at the Centaur setup seperatly, when I load the Centaur body alone there are Bend and Twist  parameters but when I load the parented it to G8M Centaur there are no such dials and I have to animate using the bone rig.

That sounds as if there aer controllers with the same name on the human figure, if they vanish when fitted. In that case the design is probably to pose with the human selected. Though if the controls then appear on a reload regardless of fitting that doesn't sound so likely

I deleted and started from scratch and now have at least the basic Bend & Twist parameters on the Centaurs limbs, which is certainly more conveniant than using the rig to animate.

If its decided to do a G9 Centaur maybe integrate the Horse 3 into the Centaur component or vise versa.

The current Centuar setup is usable but hardly convenient.