Alternative way to transfer morphs between Male and Female?

Greetings,

I sometimes have to transfer some simple morphs from G8F to G8M and viceversa, and i usually follow the standard way: Transfer Utility and Save As -> Support Assets -> Morph. But sometimes it can be quite a long and tedious process, especially when the number of morphs is high.

I was wondering: if i want to transfer some very simple morphs, maybe targeting body parts not too dissimilar between the two figures, e.g. the hands (maybe i'm wrong, but i don't think that the mesh of the hands is different from G8F to G8M), is there a simpler, quicker method? Maybe editing some references in the JSON? (.dsf and .duf are basically renamed JSON)

I hope my question is not stupid, thank You in advance!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274

Greetings ~

You mean the way of transferring Morph Targets with Transfer Utility ?  This way shouldn't be unacceptably time-consuming or tedious in terms of transferring "simple morphs"  ( yes... FHM / FBM do take much longer time as you have to check 'n fix them, adjust rigging and ERC Freeze). So you wouldn't have other choice if you meant it.

But if I understand correctly, you most of the time just transfer PBMs.. If so, yes, most of the PBMs from G8M may work well on G8F though some finetuning might be needed if you care much about details...

As for direct modifying DSF files of G8M so as to load them with G8F... you have no way to make it either because F/M have different geometry definition ~~

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

Editing the files worked for Genesis 2 M&F, where both figures were built on the same base mesh. It hasn't worked on any of the newer gender-split figures.

• Thank You for the replies! That's all i needed to know yes