Add Mesh Smoothing Permanently

I have a bunch of clothing items do not come with Mesh Smoothing added. I have to add it manually (Edit> Object> Geometry> Add Smoothing Modifer). Is there a way to add the modifier permanently? I mean that the next time I load it from my library, it will have the option?

Screenshot.png
830 x 535 - 201K
Screenshot 2.png
807 x 541 - 206K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 21

Are they from some Products ? If so, you just re-save Figure Asset or Wearable Preset to overwrite the original version or save them to your user's Daz Library. That'll do ~

Post edited by crosswind on
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

crosswind said:

Are they from some Products ? If so, you just re-save Figure Asset or Wearable Preset to overwrite the original version or save them to your user's Daz Library. That'll do ~

I believe a product update or a de-install/re-install will kill the first solution.

I do the same, particularly with shoes (they never fit my big feet :-)  I also do it with dForce (adding either Static or Dynamic).  It seems to me it's a button thing; it's scriptable so why not have a button that just adds smoothing, or dForce in one flavour or another?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 22

Yea... if there's an update overwrites the re-saved files, you have to save it again ! In case you don't expect to do so, save a separate ver1.1 user-facing file to your Lib. However, if the updates bring you the structural change on the Wearables, you still have to save it again... So resaving them won't be a big deal anyway ~~

As a content creator and a tinker, I put these frequently-used actions on the toolbar, so first one-click then save them again 'n again, haha ~ It just takes some seconds.

SNAG-2024-8-22-096.png
    2561 x 1392 - 530K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,895
    edited August 22

I use the smoothing modifier with a shortcut key :) and its very easy to add.

F3 to open Customize Daz Studio -> under actions scroll to Geometry Editing, and right click on Add Smoothing Modifier. Select Change Keyboard Shortcut and choose a key.

SmoothingShortcut.jpg
    723 x 338 - 39K
    Post edited by Mada on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,482
    edited August 22

Mada said:

I use the smoothing modifier with a shortcut key :) and its very easy to add.

F3 to open Customize Daz Studio -> under actions scroll to Geometry Editing, and right click on Add Smoothing Modifier. Select Change Keyboard Shortcut and choose a key.

I'm a little annoyed with myself for not thinking of this as I do make shortcuts for other actions. But thank you for the tip - I've followed your lead now.

Still not a permanent solution but much easier to add the smoothing modifier quickly. 

Post edited by marble on