How stable is Daz Studio on macOS Monterey / Sonoma?

Hi, all,

I have been using v4.12 for an age on my old Intel Mac running MacOS Catalina, which has proven to be a stable release.  But that means I'm stuck with Genesis 8.

I'd like to install a newer version of Daz on my M1 Mac which currently runs MacOS Monterey or even upgrade that Mac to Sonoma.

My question is:  How stable is Daz on Monterey or Sonoma on an Apple Silicon Mac, in your experience?  If you're running a stable version on either, please could you tell me which version of Daz that is?

Kind regards,

Ian

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,870

I run DS  4.22.0.5 Release Build  and also the Public Build on macOS 13.x on macStudio M1Max and macOS 12 .xon x86-64 macPro.
    I also have macOS 14.x on this M2 MacBookAir, but there are a few stability issues still on macOS 14 with studio, it has become better, but sometimes you have random crashes when selecting stuff from the menues.

I hope this helps!

/ Totte

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,493

I'm on an M3 Mac, and the current version of Studio is mostly stable. In addition to the menu issues that have been mentioned (if a menu disappears while you're using it, don't try to select anything on it; hit esc to close the menu out and try again from the beginning), it sometimes crashes right after saving (always after it finishes saving, thankfully), or when starting a new scene.

• cishanjiacishanjia Posts: 10

Thanks, Totte and murgatroyd314,

I've got a prob with apps not always updating on that iMac when going into the app store - something I'd normally like to do before upgrading (or just updating) the OS.  Otherwise, I guess if no one says "No! Don't do that!!!", I'll upgrade to Sonoma and then try installing DS, given Apple look to be releasing Sequoia early, in September.

Take care, all.