Tools to Use Gen 8 Jewelry on Gen 9

Hi, I'm trying to use this Chinese Earring Set on a period piece scene with a Gen 9 Asian model.

https://www.daz3d.com/bw-chinese-earrings-set-01-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

I've used Riversoft's conversion tools and Daz's in-built converter, but the earrings always come out warped.  I know how to use Parameter's "Show Hidden Properties" to get rid of warping from other wearables and accessories, but it doesn't work on this set.

I'm not a modeller.  I was wondering if there are third party tools (like Marvelous Designer) that people use to convert Gen 8 accessories to Gen 9.  I'm pretty proficient with Daz, but am a noob outside of it.  I'm even considering hiring a modeller to do it for me.  Any advice on where I might go looking to hire such talent?

Thanks very much for any insight or assistance.  Cheers.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,274
    edited August 22

A simplest way, like parenting a hair to Head node... you select no figure, then just load those earrings into the scene, and manually move them to G9's ear nodes, then parent them to G9's head node. Does that work ?

Those earrings have custom bones, so auto-fitting or RSSY converter will remove the custom bones... Though we have a way to convert them but the workflow may be pretty cumbersome...

SNAG-2024-8-23-105.png
    2560 x 1392 - 588K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • warlordnikwarlordnik Posts: 29
    edited August 22

@crosswind  Replying to the previous unedited comment:

Thanks for chiming in.  I don't think this particular tool will work given it's about props, which generally don't have figure-matching bones to convert.  From my understanding, Accessories are much more figure-dependant than Props.  Even Riversoft cavaets his excellent conversion tools to say they may not work with accessories.

Thanks again for linking me to this tool tho.  I might give it a try anyways.

Post edited by warlordnik on
    edited August 22

crosswind said:

A simplest way, like parenting a hair to Head node... you select no figure, then just load those earrings into the scene, and manually move them to G9's ear nodes, then parent them to G9's head node. Does that work ?

Those earrings have custom bones, so auto-fitting or RSSY converter will remove the custom bones... Though we have a way to convert them but the workflow may be pretty cumbersome...

Oh, that works!  Thanks very much for that suggestion!!  But the issue does emerge that the ability to adjust distance between the earrings is kinda limited, as they seem to come locked as a set.

Post edited by warlordnik on

Yes, these accessories are conforming to figures rather than Smart Props...

Anyway, if the above way cannot satisfy you and you do need them to conform on G9, pls feel free to let me know. I'll show your how to... actually the process is not that cumbersome cool

SNAG-2024-8-23-106.png
    2560 x 1392 - 622K
    SNAG-2024-8-23-107.png
    2560 x 1392 - 531K

warlordnik said:

crosswind said:

Oh, that works!  Thanks very much for that suggestion!!  But the issue does emerge that the ability to adjust distance between the earrings is kinda limited, as they seem to come locked as a set.

They should work as same as a conformed one, if you mean moving them to adjust distance in between... you need to select Left Ear and/or Right Ear node under the rings (or Left Earrings 01 / Right Earrings 01 nodes), then adjust.

SNAG-2024-8-23-109.png
    2560 x 1392 - 615K

@crosswind

That works!  Thanks very much, man!  I appreciate you taking the time!

@crosswind

That works!  Thanks very much, man!  I appreciate you taking the time!

No problem! Have fun!